Canada

Notre-Dame-des-Neiges cemetery closed until further notice

Burials at the Notre-Dame-des-Neiges cemetery are suspended until further notice after two managers tested positive for COVID-19.

Cemetery workers were sent home yesterday and won’t be called back to work until a protocol for safely operating the cemetery has been devised, Patrick Chartrand, a union official, said Tuesday. Health Canada has been called in to help put the appropriate measures in place, Chartrand said. It’s unclear how long the stoppage will last.

Employees were informed of the infections last week, Chartrand said. They are being paid during the closure.

“People are scared,” Chartrand, a health and safety official at the CSN union, told the Montreal Gazette Tuesday afternoon. “It’s unfortunate. We know that there were burials scheduled. What’s the protocol? This is very stressful, and we want answers.”

Football news:

5 players and 2 coaches of Barca got sick with coronavirus. There were no symptoms (RAC1)
Liverpool can allow Brewster and Wilson to remain on loan at Swansea and Bournemouth until the end of the season
Everton can offer 30 million euros for Allan
Arsenal offered Aubameyang a contract until 2023, the salary is the same – 12 million euros
Inter demands 90 million euros and a player for Lautaro. Barca's latest offer: 60 million plus Vidal and Semedu
Southampton have agreed a new 4-year contract with coach Hasenhüttl
Willian's agent: he wants a 3-year contract. Chelsea's policy is to renew for a maximum of 2 years