The national anti-terrorism prosecutor’s office said it was investigating the case.
TRIAL UNDER WAY
Fourteen people went on trial in Paris on Sept. 2, accused of being accomplices in the attack on the Charlie Hebdo offices in January 2015 that killed 12 people.
The court heard that they had sought to avenge the Prophet Mohammad, nearly a decade after the weekly published cartoons mocking him.
Police moved Charlie Hebdo’s head of Human Resources from her home this week after threats against her life.
On Friday, TV footage showed ambulances, fire trucks and police cordoning off the area around Charlie Hebdo’s former offices.
Images on social media showed a person being stretchered away.
Paul Moreira, a journalist from Premiere Ligne media production company told BFM TV, that two of his colleagues had been wounded.
“It’s somebody who was in the road with a meat cleaver who attacked them in front of our offices. It was chilling,” he said.
The Paris metro closed lines in the area and school children were initially kept inside in an area around the attack, a city hall official said.
France has experienced a wave of attacks by Islamist militants in recent years.
Bombings and shootings in November 2015 at the Bataclan theater and other sites around Paris killed 130 people, and in July 2016 an Islamist militant drove a truck through a crowd celebrating Bastille Day in Nice, killing 86.
(Reporting by Henri-Pierre Andre, Mathieu Protard, Bertrand Boucey, Emilie Delwarde and John Irish; Writing by John Irish; Editing by Toby Chopra and Timothy Heritage)