logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo
star Bookmark: Tag Tag Tag Tag Tag
Canada

Victim who died in suspected carbon monoxide poisoning in Salmon Arm identified

The mother who died in a suspected carbon monoxide poisoning during a Shuswap camping trip has been identified as Lucy Beaurain.

Beaurain, who’s in her 30s, according to the BC Coroners Service, was camping with friends and family at Salmon Arm’s Sandy Beach Campground for the long weekend.

READ MORE: Woman dead after suspected carbon monoxide poisoning at Salmon Arm campground

She was found in her tent Saturday morning with a cooking pot that had wood ash in it, according to police. RCMP believe Beaurain was using it as a source of heat.

WATCH: (Aired Dec. 6, 2018) Family of five hospitalized after carbon monoxide poisoning

Police suspect that Beaurain died from carbon monoxide poisoning. Her daughter, who was also in the tent, was airlifted to hospital in critical condition.

READ MORE: Province considering new rules around carbon monoxide alarms

The BC Coroners Service is investigating, but police do not believe the death is suspicious.

More information on carbon monoxide poisonings can be found here.

All rights and copyright belongs to author:
Themes
ICO