In an update addressed to parents on its website, Dulwich Prep said that as well as the two pupils who returned from a half-term holiday in one of the Category 2 areas in northern Italy and “have since become unwell”, it had been made aware of “other families within our school community where a parent has been asked to self-isolate by their employer”.
It said the two pupils were unrelated and from different sections of the school. The pupils had contacted NHS 111, self-isolated and were awaiting the results of tests. There would be a “professional deep clean” of the site to be completed by Friday and staff were preparing lessons and assignments to be delivered via online platforms in case the school remained closed beyond Monday morning.
“We hope to re-open on Monday 2 March but will publish details as soon as we hear the results of the tests being conducted on our pupils that have fallen ill. However, if either of our pupils test positive for COVID-19 we will remain closed for a longer period while the school undergoes a full deep clean.”