Great Britain

Ghislaine Maxwell paid £150,000 to hire a team of ex-SAS guards after getting death threats

GHISLAINE Maxwell paid £150,000 to hire a team of ex-SAS guards after getting death threats, we can reveal.

The firm is run by decorated former Para Matt Hellyer, who has been pictured with Prince Harry.

Court documents unearthed by The Sun On Sunday outline her arrangement with Mr Hellyer’s firm The Next Step, which provided advice “on the preservation of life and how to relocate”.

The company did not provide Maxwell with personal protection and there is no suggestion it helped her evade justice.

A source confirmed: “Ghislaine lived in real fear something might happen to her, and with good reason.

"There were a lot of death threats and hostility.

“She sought help from former SAS professionals. The company did not provide personal protection people.”

The £154,345 payment to The Next Step (Veterans Transition) Ltd for “security/relocation costs” was revealed in court papers filed in the US Virgin Islands in May as part of Maxwell’s efforts to get Jeffrey Epstein’s estate to cover her legal bills.

'Fear for her life'

Her brother Kevin, who knows Mr Hellyer, is understood to have introduced her to The Next Step, which helps ex-military personnel switch to civilian life. Maxwell said in the same court document that she had hired a team of guards.

She detailed the action in a sworn affidavit with a London solicitor last November, days after Prince Andrew’s disastrous Newsnight interview.

It is not clear whether she signed the affidavit in London or did it remotely. It states: “As a result of the enormous publicity surrounding the criminal and civil lawsuits against Mr Epstein and the false portrayal of me as an accomplice, I continue to receive death threats on a regular basis.

“Because of the threats and the media frenzy, I have needed to hire guards and relocate to an undisclosed location for an unknown amount of time.”

A source confirmed Maxwell had been shuttled to locations out of fear for her life, reportedly with one of her sisters in tow.

The source disputed claims that Maxwell had recently been abroad and claimed she had stayed in the US since last year.


They said: “She had been moving from safehouse to safehouse. She obviously never had a security team until all the focus landed on her, so it was a shock.”

The Next Step did not respond to a request to comment.

Yesterday, it was reported that a man with an English accent known as Martin was with Maxwell when she was arrested. He was said to be an estate manager and is not linked to the company.

The home Ghislaine Maxwell bought for cash to evade capture

GOT a story? RING The Sun on 0207 782 4104 or WHATSAPP on 07423720250 or EMAIL exclusive@the-sun.co.uk

Football news:

Borussia announced that Sancho is staying. He extended his contract until 2023 a year ago
Inter is ready to pay 20+5 million euros for Smalling
Lewandowski is the best player of the week in the Champions League. He was ahead of Messi and Ronaldo
The Leipzig – Atletico match will not be rescheduled, despite the coronavirus in the Madrid players
Yannick Ferreira Carrasco: Atletico deserved to win the Champions League after two defeats in the finals
Sancho flew with Borussia to the training camp. He will probably not move to Manchester United
Bayern have unveiled their Champions League uniforms