A homeowner has lost all of the possessions in their garage after a tumble dryer caught fire.
Firefighters from Leigh and Atherton were called to Holborn Avenue, Leigh, by a concerned neighbour at around midnight.
Due to the garage being detached, their was no damage to the house and no one was injured.
Watch Manager Bridges from Leigh Community Fire Station said: "It was a dryer machine left plugged in, that had set on fire and caused 100pc fire damage to contents of the garage.
"There were personal possessions in there, dryer, fridge freezer.
"There was damage to the structure of the roof as well.
"Fortunately it was a detached garage about five metres away from the house so it didn't spread to any other buildings."
Watch Manager Bridges went on to issue a warning about the dangers of leaving appliances plugged in and unattended.
He added: "Don't leave things plugged in and on. Also make sure you have a working smoke alarm."