A warrant has been issued for the arrest of a man accused of a brick attack in Concert Square.
Ashley McConville is alleged to have carried out an assault in Liverpool city centre on Friday, March 29 last year.
The 36-year-old, from Bootle, was arrested by police after an incident in which Daniel Gheorghita was seriously injured.
Merseyside Police said they were called to the scene at around 7.45pm, following reports a brick was thrown at a 38-year-old man.
A force spokesman said he suffered serious but non-life threatening facial injuries and attended hospital for treatment.
McConville, of Dorset Close, was later charged with inflicting grievous bodily harm to Mr Gheorghita.
He was set to appear at Liverpool Crown Court for a further case management hearing yesterday morning.
But he failed to attend the hearing and a defence lawyer said they had been unable to contact him via solicitors.
Can you help us keep Merseyside covered?
Following an application by prosecutors, Judge Brian Cummings, QC, issued a bench warrant "not backed for bail".
Police will now look to arrest McConville and remand him in custody ahead of a court appearance.
McConville is described as white, 5ft 8in, with brown hair, green eyes and of heavy build.
Anyone who has seen him, or knows of his whereabouts, is asked to DM @MerPolCC or @CrimestoppersUK.
Alternatively, you can call police on 101, or contact the independent charity Crimestoppers, anonymously, on 0800 555 111, or via their online form at: https://crimestoppers-uk.org/give-information/give-information.
For the latest news and breaking news visit http://www.liverpoolecho.co.uk/news/.
Get all the big headlines, pictures, analysis, opinion and video on the stories that matter to you.
We're also on Facebook/theliverpoolecho - your must-see news, features, videos and pictures throughout the day from the Liverpool ECHO.