MEGHAN Markle DIDN'T dial into crisis talks with the Queen - as it "wasn't necessary", it has been revealed today.
The Duchess of Sussex was instead kept in the loop by her husband as Prince Harry headed to the summit with the Queen at Sandringham.
The duke spoke to the Queen at the Norfolk estate several hours before the talks began with his dad and brother yesterday afternoon.
And while Meghan was expected to dial in from Canada for the crunch talks, the palace today confirmed she had not been part of the discussions about her future with the royal family.
A Palace spokesperson said: "In the end, the Sussexes decided that it wasn't necessary for the Duchess to join."
The former actress had returned to Canada to be with Archie, just 24 hours before the couple released their bombshell announcement they would be quitting as royals and moving part-time to Northern America.
It comes as...
During the gruelling two hour talks, Her Majesty told Prince Harry she wanted him and Meghan to continue their work as full-time members of the Royal Family.
In a strikingly personal statement released after the summit, she said: "Although we would have preferred them to remain full-time working Members of the Royal Family, we respect and understand their wish to live a more independent life as a family while remaining a valued part of my family."
And while admitting there were "complex matters" to resolve, the 93-year-old monarch said she was "entirely supportive" of Meghan and Harry.
She has since ordered aides to make final decisions "in the coming days".
Prince Harry himself is expected to attend a royal engagement at Buckingham Palace on Thursday - then expected to fly back to Canada to be with his wife and son.
Meanwhile, Prince William was pictured carrying on his own duties at the palace - awarding former England cricket player Andrew Strauss with a knighthood at the stately event.
And while the Queen stressed the importance of family in a strikingly personal statement, Prince William was seen driving out of the Norfolk estate separately from Harry yesterday.
The four royals, the Queen, Prince Charles, Prince William and Prince Harry, are not expected to meet again anytime soon in person - with future discussions to be held on the phone.
Last night it was revealed William and Harry's relationship is “tense and deeply damaged” following a series of furious rows.
The brothers’ bond has not recovered since a falling-out just before the two families appeared together in public with baby Archie for the first time last year.
They were all pictured at the King Power Royal Charity Polo Day — in which William and Harry both played — held at Billingbear Polo Club in Berkshire in July 2019.
Tensions between the pair have grown since, with Wills accusing Harry of “changing” and “speaking rudely to staff”.
A senior royal source said: “It’s absolutely heartbreaking to see just how damaged William and Harry’s relationship has become.
“They’ll always love each other as brothers, but right now things have never been so bad. William feels betrayed and let down by Harry.
“Harry feels like William and Kate never gave Meghan a chance. And now they’re leaving the country in this state.”
STATEMENT FROM HER MAJESTY THE QUEEN
Today my family had very constructive discussions on the future of my grandson and his family.
My family and I are entirely supportive of Harry and Meghan’s desire to create a new life as a young family.
Although we would have preferred them to remain full-time working Members of the Royal Family, we respect and understand their wish to live a more independent life as a family while remaining a valued part of my family.
Harry and Meghan have made clear that they do not want to be reliant on public funds in their new lives.
It has therefore been agreed that there will be a period of transition in which the Sussexes will spend time in Canada and the UK.
These are complex matters for my family to resolve, and there is some more work to be done, but I have asked for final decisions to be reached in the coming days.
The brothers had yesterday put on a united front - denying claims "bullying" by Prince William had driven out Meghan and Harry.
They sat down in crunch talks with the Queen and Prince Charles yesterday at Sandringham to thrash out what the Sussex's decision would mean.
Her Majesty has directed decisions to be made in the coming days - addressing living arrangements, titles and funding.
The couple will now go through a "period of transition" that will see them "create a new life as a young family" and spend time in both Canada and the UK.
And while Meghan and Harry will initially stay in Canada, they are understood to then want to make Los Angeles their home.
But the outcome is that “what Meghan wants, Meghan gets” — the line Harry infamously uttered in a row after the Duchess was stopped from wearing an emerald tiara at her wedding in May 2018.
Echoing Harry and Meghan’s statement last week, the Queen said there would be a “transition period” while the details are being hammered out. It is hoped that will be “within days”.
Although she said the Sussexes did not want to accept any public money, it was unclear last night whether this just referred to an end to the Sovereign Grant — handed to Her Majesty from the Government to pay for the royals’ work.