Great Britain

Royal Family news – Queen ‘NEVER met Lilibet on video call despite Prince Harry and Meghan’s pals claiming she did’

A ROYAL insider denies Prince Harry & Meghan Markle introduced Lilibet to the Queen in a video call, despite a pals claims that they did.

A source last week said the Duke and Duchess of Sussex introduced the Queen to baby Lilibet on video call after they returned from hospital.

A source told People: "They were very excited and couldn't wait to share that their daughter arrived."

But a Palace insider has since denied that, telling the Mail On Sunday: "No video call has taken place. Friends of the Sussexes appear to have given misleading briefings to journalists about what the Queen had said and that took the whole thing over the edge.

"The Palace couldn’t deny the story that this was a mistruth."

It comes after the Palace refuted claims that Meghan and Harry had asked permission to use the Queen's nickname Lilibet for their daughter.

Read our Royal Family live blog below for the latest updates...

  • GRAPHIC: THE LINE OF SUCCESSION TO THE THRONE, EXPLAINED

  • BEATRICE’S PREGNANCY ANNOUNCEMENT ‘DELIBERATE TWO FINGERS’ AT HARRY AND MEGHAN, ROYAL EXPERT CLAIMS

    Princess Beatrice has recently announced that she is expecting her first child with husband Edoardo Mapelli Mozzi.

    However, royal fans may have noticed that the Duchess of York’s pregnancy news comes on the same day that Prince Harry and Meghan Markle are celebrating their third wedding anniversary.

    And according to royal expert and author Duncan Larcombe, this was no accident.

    Speaking to Fabulous Digital, the writer said: “The fact it was Buckingham Palace that made the announcement proves this was not a simple oversight.

    “A great deal of care is taken over the timings of major announcements such as Royal pregnancies, and it is extremely unlikely diary staff were unaware of the significance of the day for Harry and Meghan.

  • HARRY AND WILLIAM’S PEACE TALKS AT PHILIP FUNERAL WERE ‘DOOMED TO FAIL’ SAYS EXPERT

    A royal source said at the time of the funeral: “It looked like a conciliatory move by William to wait for Harry and allow him to catch up and chat to him and Kate. That could be a significant moment.

    “Harry appeared grateful for the opportunity, and Kate seemed to make a point of letting the brothers walk alone together, having briefly chatted to Harry as well.”

    But Harry and William’s “peace talks” at their grandfather’s funeral were “doomed to fail” – because Harry had been plotting his new bombshell documentary the whole time, an expert claimed.

    The Duke made a series of extraordinary new allegations in the programme The Me You Don’t See – including that father Charles left him to “suffer” amid “total neglect” for his mental health.

    William, Harry and Kate were pictured walking together after the service, while it was understood Charles and Harry had also spoken privately.

  • PRINCE EDWARDS JOKES ‘OPRAH WHO?’ AFTER NEPHEW HARRY’S EXPLOSIVE INTERVIEW WITH CHATSHOW QUEEN

    Prince Edward and his wife Sophie Wessex joked about nephew Harry’s bombshell interview – quipping “Oprah who?”

    The couple have been “reluctant” to get involved in the ongoing drama between the Royal Family and the Duke and Duchess of Sussex. 

    Prince Harry, who stepped down from Royal duties last March, accused the Royals of “neglect” and claimed that his father Prince Charles made him “suffer” as a child. His shocking new comments on a new Apple+ series with Oprah Winfrey have left senior members of the Royal Family concerned about future comments as they are unable to respond to the claims. 

    Harry and Meghan Markle accused a senior member of the Firm of being “racist” during an hour-long special with Oprah Winfrey in March. 

    An insider claimed that every time Harry or Meghan speak publicly the “family look on with their hands over their eyes.”

  • MEGHAN MARKLE DAD THOMAS SAYS HE FEARS HE WILL NEVER MEET HIS GRANDCHILDREN

    Thomas now fears he will never get to meet Archie, two, or newborn Lilibet, who was born on June 4, due to his ailing health. 

    He continued: “I’ll be very disappointed that I don’t get to hold my granddaughter.

    “On July 18, I’ll be 77 years old. Most of the Markle men don’t make it much past 80.

    “I might never see my grandchildren. I’m not looking for pity. I’m just saying that’s a reality.

    “All I can say is that I hope eventually I get to see these grandchildren of mine. I’m a pretty good grandpa.”

  • HARRY ‘TEXTED KATE AFTER LILIBET’S BIRTH’

    Prince Harry sent Kate Middleton a text message after the birth of his daughter Lilibet, it has been reported.

    The move is understood to cement Kate’s role as peacemaker between Harry and his brother William.

    A Palace source said Harry also sent a text message to Kate, “cementing her role as a bridge between him and his brother”, according to The Mail on Sunday.

  • ARCHIE’S ‘DEBUT’

    Prince Harry, Meghan Markle, Archie and their new daughter “could join the Queen on the Buckingham Palace balcony for her Platinum Jubilee,” it’s been said.

    With celebrations set in the calendar for June 2022, many believe that Archie and his baby sister will make their first balcony debut along with the Royal Family.

    Meghan and Harry revealed earlier this year that they are expecting their second child – with their daughter set to be born in the summer.

    Kate and William’s kids – Prince George, Princess Charlotte, and Prince Louis – have all made their debuts on the infamous Buckingham Palace balcony.

    Little Archie will turn three before the Jubilee – and could be among members of the family present when Trooping the Colour takes place on June 2.

  • BUCKINGHAM PALACE REVEALS PARTY PLANS FOR QUEEN’S PLATINUM JUBILEE

    Buckingham Palace has released new details of the celebrations to mark the Queen’s Platinum Jubilee in 2022:

  • MEGHAN’S RELATIVE ‘WON’T TALK TO HER AGAIN’

    Meghan Markle’s relative has claimed they won’t ever talk with her again because the duchess is “clearly in a different social class” and supposedly above them.

    The unnamed insider hit out at the Duchess of Sussex’s estrangement from her family, insisting her relatives no longer want to patch things up.

    The family member, who did not reveal their relation to the duchess, told Fox News: “We’re clearly in different social classes and we won’t ever talk again.

    “You shouldn’t have to be someone you’re not, or a certain class to be accepted and loved.”

  • QUEEN ‘IS LINE OF DUTY FAN’

    The Queen is a devoted Line Of Duty fan and enjoyed discussing the programme’s plot lines with one of her closest aides during lockdown, an insider has claimed.

    The monarch, 95, has endured her fair share of drama over the last year – but it was a saga of ‘bent coppers’ that kept her gripped throughout.

    Master of the household, Vice-Admiral Sir Tony, 63, oversaw “HMS Bubble” – the group of staff who cared for the Queen and her late husband during the lockdown.

    A royal source told The Times: “The Queen was very into Line of Duty and enjoyed discussing the plotlines with Tony.”

  • MEGHAN MARKLE AND PRINCE HARRY HAVE ‘LONG-TERM DAMAGE’ WITH QUEEN

    Prince Harry and Meghan Markle have created ‘long-term damage’ with the Queen and the Royal Family after their Oprah interview bombshells, an expert has said.

    The Duke and Duchess of Sussex, who claimed they were mistreated by the family knew the aftermath of the exclusive interview “would be difficult”.

    Speaking on Channel 5 documentary Harry and Meghan: Two Troubled Years, royal expert Katie Nicholl said: “The damage really has been long term.

    “I think they went in knowing it was going to be very difficult for the Royal Family to have any sort of comeback.

    “They certainly weren’t going to sit down and address every single point and accusation made in the interview.”

  • CHARLES AND HARRY ‘IN REGULAR CONTACT’

    Prince Charles and Harry are in “regular contact” sparking hopes that the family rift is finally on the mend after the birth of Lilibet Diana.

    The royal father and son are said to be speaking frequently – with the Royal Family keen to embrace Meghan and Harry into the fold, according to sources.

    Sources told the Telegraph that Charles has been speaking to his younger son regularly – and that their relationship has turned a corner since his grandaughter’s birth.

    The Royal family is keen to bring the Duke and Duchess of Sussex back into the fold, it’s been said.

    More on the story here

  • ‘ALL MY LOVE’

    Meghan Markle’s estranged dad Thomas Markle has said he is “very pleased” about the birth of his granddaughter.

    After the Duke and Duchess of Sussex announced the birth of daughter Lilibet “Lili” Diana Mountbatten-Windsor he wished them “all my love”.

    The 76-year-old retired Hollywood lighting engineer and his daughter have been estranged over claims that he staged photos in return for cash.

    Meghan Markle had her second child at Santa Barbara Cottage Hospital on Friday at 11.40am.

    “I’m very pleased that my daughter and my new granddaughter had a successful delivery,” Thomas told The Sun Online.

    “I wish them all my love and the best of luck.”

  • BIDEN SAYS: QUEEN ELIZABETH REMINDED ME OF MY MOTHER

    US President Joe Biden said Queen Elizabeth II reminded him of his mother and that she had asked about Chinese President Xi Jinping and Russian President Vladimir Putin.

    After tea with the 95-year-old British monarch at Windsor Castle, Biden told reporters: “I don’t think she’d be insulted but she reminded me of my mother, the look of her and just the generosity.”

    “She wanted to know what the two leaders that I – the one I’m about to meet with, Mr Putin, and she wanted to know about Xi Jinping,” Biden said.

  • ARCHIE’S ‘DEBUT’

    Prince Harry, Meghan Markle, Archie and their new daughter “could join the Queen on the Buckingham Palace balcony for her Platinum Jubilee,” it’s been said.

    With celebrations set in the calendar for June 2022, many believe that Archie and his baby sister will make their first balcony debut along with the Royal Family.

    Meghan and Harry revealed earlier this year that they are expecting their second child – with their daughter set to be born in the summer.

    Kate and William’s kids – Prince George, Princess Charlotte, and Prince Louis – have all made their debuts on the infamous Buckingham Palace balcony.

    Little Archie will turn three before the Jubilee – and could be among members of the family present when Trooping the Colour takes place on June 2.

Football news:

Man City will buy Grealish for 100 million pounds, the contract is until 2026. The documents are signed
Tuchel on Lukaku at Chelsea: Many players want to join us. I will not discuss other people's players
Juve will give Demiral Atalanta on loan for 3 million euros with the right to buy for 25 million. Medical examination - On the 5th
Koeman pro 1:2 with Salzburg: Perfect, although I don't like to lose. We had to run a lot
Inter, in the event of Lukaku's departure, will try to buy Zapata from Atalanta, Bergamasca-Abraham from Chelsea
Aston Villa bought Southampton's top scorer Ings for 30 million pounds
Aurelien Tchuameni: Why is it possible to stop the match for 5 minutes because of a millimeter offside, but not because of racist shouts at the stadium?