THIS terrifying video shows a woman's desperate escape from the deadly California wildfire as flames and sparks lick her car windows.
Rebecca Hackett feared for her life as she drove through the Woolsey Fire in Malibu after leaving the ranch where she keeps her horses.
She can be heard through tears repeatedly saying: "Oh my god, please god. Let me out of here."
The road in front of her turns increasingly amber as she gets deeper into the flames.
The two-and-a-half-minute clip ends with her exasperated pleas to live, however, she told followers she had escaped safely.
Speaking about her frightening experience, she told ABC7: "I felt the strongest wind I ever felt in my life. The fire came so quickly.
"One minute it was calm and then suddenly they were on top of us, so we had to evacuate.
"I drove through flames for about two minutes. I thought I was going to die."
So far, two people have been killed in the Woolsey Fire, 400 structures destroyed and 200,000 people displaced in the mountains and foothills near the Malibu coast.
The remains of six more victims were found on Tuesday in and around a northern California town overrun by flames last week, raising the death toll to 48 in a wildfire disaster already ranked as California's most lethal and destructive in state history.
The latest tally of casualties from the Camp Fire was announced by Butte County Sheriff Kory Honea as forensic teams with sniffer dogs combed through a ghostly landscape strewn with ash and charred debris in Paradise.
The intensified effort to locate victims came on the sixth day of a blaze that incinerated over 7,000 homes and other buildings, including most of Paradise, a town once home to 27,000 people.
Honea had previously said that 228 people were listed as missing, and his office also was working to determine the fate of nearly 1,300 individuals whose loved ones had requested "well-being checks" on their behalf.
By Tuesday, the killer blaze dubbed the Camp Fire had blackened 125,000 acres (50,500 hectares) of drought-parched scrub, up 8,000 acres from the night before, but crews had carved containment lines around nearly a third of the fire's expanding perimeter.
More than 50,000 area residents remained under evacuation orders and 15,500 structures were still listed as threatened by the blaze.
However, diminished winds and higher humidity levels allowed crews to make headway against the flames, fire officials said.
Victims filed a lawsuit accusing Pacific Gas & Electric Co. of causing the massive blaze on Tuesday.
The suit filed in state court accuses the utility of failing to maintain its infrastructure and properly inspect and manage its power transmission lines.
The utility's president said earlier the company doesn't know what caused the fire, but is cooperating with the investigation by state agencies.
An email to PG&E about the lawsuit was not immediately returned.
PG&E told state regulators last week that it experienced a problem with a transmission line in the area of the fire just before the blaze erupted.
A landowner near where the blaze began said PG&E notified her the day before the wildfire that crews needed to come onto her property because some wires were sparking.
We pay for your stories! Do you have a story for The Sun Online news team? Email us at firstname.lastname@example.org or call 0207 782 4368 . You can WhatsApp us on 07810 791 502. We pay for videos too. Click here to upload yours.