Israel
This article was added by the user . TheWorldNews is not responsible for the content of the platform.

British woman claims she was raped by Israeli in Greece

A British tourist has filed a police report claiming she was raped by an Israeli man and filmed by three of his friends in Athens last week, Greek media reported Wednesday.

According to the Protothema news site, the incident occurred on Thursday when the woman, 21, met the man at a nightclub in the Greek capital. The man invited her back to his place.

The British woman claims that while the two were engaged in consensual relations, three of the Israeli’s friends appeared and began filming them on their mobile phones.

The woman then tried to leave, but the man forced her to stay and raped her, she told police.

The man has reportedly been charged with rape.

Get The Times of Israel's Daily Edition by email and never miss our top stories

By signing up, you agree to the terms

The Foreign Ministry said it is aware of the reports and is looking into the matter but so far has not received any official report, the Walla outlet reported.

At the end of June, Protothema reported that another British woman, 19, told police she met two Israelis who she brought back to her hotel room and one of which she began having sex with, but then noticed the other was filming them. When she challenged them about the activity they allegedly fled the room.

In a case that made international headlines in 2019, an unnamed woman alleged that she was raped by up to 12 Israeli tourists, aged 15 to 22, in a hotel room in the seaside holiday resort of Ayia Napa in Cyprus. She was 18 at the time.

The Israeli teenagers and young men denied any wrongdoing and were eventually released from custody and allowed to return home. When they arrived back in Israel after their release without charge, they received a heroes’ welcome. The Israelis have not denied that they had sexual relations with the woman, but claim it was consensual.

Several months later the young woman was convicted of lying about the incident.

Defense lawyers successfully overturned her conviction in the Cypriot Supreme Court in January 2022, arguing there had been a miscarriage of justice when a district court found her guilty of public mischief and handed her a suspended four-month jail term.

Later that year the woman announced she planned to take her case to the European Court of Human Rights after Cypriot authorities ruled out a new investigation of her claim.