KINI ROUNDUP | Here are key headlines you may have missed yesterday, in brief.
1. After weeks of escalating infighting, PKR president Anwar Ibrahim and his deputy Mohamed Azmin Ali appear to have made peace, with Azmin now set to officiate the PKR Youth and Women’s wings’ congresses.
2. In a statutory declaration, one of Anwar’s former staff, Muhammad Yusuff Rawther, accuses Anwar of sexual misconduct, but Anwar’s aide Farhash Wafa Salvador Rizal Mubarak dismissed it as a weak attempt at tarnishing the party.
3. Umno deputy president Mohamad Hasan has urged the party wings to make radical changes to stay relevant, including to become more open and inclusive.
4. Umno president Ahmad Zahid Hamidi said the party is hoping to woo the support of students in schools.
5. Former prime minister Najib Abdul Razak accused former second finance minister Ahmad Husni Hanadzlah of testifying against him in the SRC International trial as a means of revenge for transferring Husni out of the Finance Ministry in 2016.
6. The federal government will hand RM40 million to a trust managed by the TARCian Alumni Association, which can be used for the Tunku Abdul Rahman University College (TAR UC) and its students for this year.
7. The MACC will question former Felcra chairperson Bung Moktar Radin over the government-owned entity’s biogas projects in Perak, as well as the Royal Malaysian Navy’s procurement of fast interceptor crafts.
8. Lawyers for Liberty has urged de facto Islamic Affairs Minister Mujahid Yusof Rawa to review the use of punitive measures against those who skip Friday prayers.
9. Radar-equipped satellites have revealed the extent of flooding in Kelantan and Terengganu, where floodwaters have displaced thousands of people. A man was electrocuted while wading through the water to pick custard apples.
10. Prime Minister Dr Mahathir Mohamad hopes the new goals set in the next Asia-Pacific Economic Cooperation Summit, to be held in Malaysia next year, would incorporate aspects of the host country’s Shared Prosperity Vision 2030.