This article was added by the user . TheWorldNews is not responsible for the content of the platform.


MBABANE – Government Spokesperson Alpheous Nxumalo has allegedly reported at least three attempts on his life and the recent one purportedly took place on Saturday.

A source close to the matter alleged that since his appointment into the position of being the government spokesperson in May 2022, Nxumalo has purportedly approached the police three times and reported attempts on his life. By the time of compiling this report, information regarding the alleged attempts on the government spokesperson’s life was not readily available, but a source highlighted that the recent incident took place on Saturday around his home area in Manzini. He alleged that when the government spokesperson was driving home in the evening, a BMW sedan with registration numbers of Botswana, which had supposedly waylaid him along the way, tried to block his car on the road. However, the source claimed that Nxumalo managed to speed away and a car chase ensued. “Luckily for him, he managed to get into a safe place while his supposed chasers were far behind him,” the source said.


Again, the source highlighted that before this, the government spokesperson had been receiving life-threatening calls and text messages from a South African number. He alleged that Nxumalo started receiving the threats through calls and text messages after he had released a statement where he said no one had the right to issue threats against a member of the State security organs and even name him/her. The source alleged that some neighbours of the government spokesperson purported that off late, various cars have been coming to the area and the occupants would ask about Nxumalo’s usual time of going to work and returning home. He alleged that they also asked about security details at his home, among other things. Meanwhile, the government spokesperson asked not to comment on the matter at the moment. Instead, he referred this publication to the police. Chief Police Information and Communications Officer Superintendent Phindile Vilakati confirmed that Nxumalo approached the police and reported an incident which happened on Saturday. She said investigations were ongoing.