A four-year-old boy died after he electrocuted himself on a modified desk lamp in a caravan where he kept his toys, an inquest has heard.
Oliver Walker lived with his parents and little sister on Coppy Hill Farm, in Laycock, above Keighley, West Yorkshire and suffered fatal heart failure after plugging in the deadly lamp.
It had been modified by a 'competent amateur' to increase the power from 12 volts to 240 volts.
Mother Charlotte returned from work on March 13, 2018 to find Oliver lifeless on the floor of the caravan, which was inside the farm's huge lambing shed.
Oliver Walker suffered fatal heart failure after plugging in the deadly lamp while playing with his toys in a caravan
The four-year-old was still clutching the 'live' chrome support rods of the lamp and his mother laid him on a nearby hay bale and began CPR until paramedics arrived.
Uncle Ben Walker frantically dialled 999 and Oliver was rushed to Airedale Hospital where he was sadly pronounced dead.
The family was having a new farmhouse built and purchased two caravans in December 2017, a modern one to live in until building work was complete and a scrap caravan to use for utility purposes and a place for Oliver to play in with his outside toys.
Nobody was aware that the modified lamp was inside a cupboard of the scrap caravan.
On March 13 last year, Mr Walker collected his son from school and returned to the farm at about 3.45pm, Bradford Coroner's Court heard.
Mr Walker, 34, said Oliver, his 'beautiful son' got changed and went out to play, as his father and uncle Ben milked the cows and checked on the sheep.
'He was a very intelligent, happy boy, who loved to be on the farm and loved to be on the tractors,' said Mr Walker.
Andrew Walker leaving Bradford Coroners Court in Bradford, West Yorkshire this afternoon where the inquest into the death of his son Oliver was held
His mother said Oliver was 'wonderful' and loved to be outdoors all the time and when she returned from work at 6pm she was told by his uncle that Oliver was playing in the lambing shed, so she went to look for him.
She said: 'Oliver was laid out on the caravan floor. Oliver was not moving. He had his hands round a lamp. I knew something was not right.
'The lamp he had in his hands I have never seen before and I have no idea where the lamp has come from at all.
'I moved him out and laid him on a bale of hay and started screaming.'
Oliver has been described as a 'bright little boy, full of energy, and intelligent beyond his years'.
His uncle described him as 'an amazing little boy'.
'Oliver loved tractors and was a true farmer, through and through,' he said.
A post-mortem confirmed Oliver died from electrocution.
West Yorkshire Police and the Health & Safety Executive (HSE) conducted a dual inquiry.
The two caravans had been bought from Frank Wainman, of Silsden, and the scrap one had been passed to him from John Marsh, who had used it for 15 years at York Gliding Club, at Sutton Bank.
Oliver lived with his parents and little sister on Coppy Hill Farm, in Laycock, above Keighley, West Yorkshire
Mr Marsh denied that he had carried out the electrical modifications on the lamp, which had his fingerprints on it.
Coroner Martin Fleming asked Mr Marsh: 'Did you at any stage modify the base of the lamp and by-pass in some way.'
Mr Marsh replied: 'Absolutely not Sir. I had no idea there was a potentially fatal lamp in there.'
Det Insp Matthew Walker said the lamp must have been secreted in a cupboard and Oliver had found it and plugged it in to a socket in the caravan which was carrying a mains voltage.
The two caravans had been bought from Frank Wainman, of Silsden, and the scrap one had been passed to him from John Marsh (pictured), who had used it for 15 years at York Gliding Club, at Sutton Bank
DI Walker could not reason a motive for someone making the fatal adaptation to the lamp.
HSE expert Andrew Seager tested the lamp and found the two chrome support rods had 238 volts passing through them.
A circuit breaker in the caravan was also seized up, and when Oliver grasped the support rods the trip switch - which could have saved his life - failed to activate.
Mr Seager said the modification has been done by 'quite a competent amateur' using a soldering iron.
Coroner Mr Fleming reminded the inquest that the hearing was 'not a fault finding exercise.'
Mr Fleming said of Oliver: 'He was a bright little boy, full of energy, and intelligent beyond his years.
'Everyone who loved him is devastated by his death.'
He said that Mr Marsh could not provide an explanation how the adaption to the lamp came about and he had no reason to modify it.
Mr Fleming delivered a narrative verdict that Oliver found the modified lamp in a cupboard and plugged it in resulting in an electric shock.
He said there was insufficient evidence to find who modified the lamp and for what purpose.