logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo
star Bookmark: Tag Tag Tag Tag Tag
USA

Lawyer for Epstein’s ex-cellmate calls for probe into destroyed footage

Jeffrey Epstein
Jeffrey EpsteinPBCSO

A lawyer for Jeffrey Epstein’s former cellmate is demanding a probe into the circumstances surrounding the erasure of footage taken the night of the pedophile’s first suicide attempt, according to a new court filing.

Bruce Barket wants White Plains federal court Judge Kenneth Karas to grant a hearing into how the Metropolitan Correctional Center could have destroyed the July 23 footage — especially when he asked it be preserved for his defense of accused killer cop Nicholas Tartaglione.

Prosecutors admitted last week — after some flip flopping — that the facility had accidentally saved footage from another floor, instead of from the cell shared by Epstein and Tartaglione.

In a filing Monday night, Barket wrote that he wants to know “to what extent the destruction of the video was deliberate or reckless, and whether there was any bad faith on the part of the Government in connection with the video’s destruction.”

While Epstein told his lawyers he’d been attacked by Tartaglione, Barket said his client has been cleared by the feds and actually was responsible for saving Epstein’s life during the July suicide attempt.

The 66-year-old was found dead the next month in his cell as he awaited trial on sex trafficking charges.

Authorities ruled his death a suicide by hanging.

Themes
ICO