Australia

Ninth teen charged over ‘sadistic’ attack

A ninth teenager has been charged over the “sadistic” attack of a man who had his face repeatedly slashed and his head stomped on in the Sydney suburb of Pyrmont on Friday night.

Detectives arrested the 16-year-old boy at his home in Wiley Park at 9.30pm on Tuesday night, bringing the total number of youths charged over the horrific assault to nine.

He has been charged with wounding a person with intent to cause grievous bodily harm and affray before being refused bail to appear in a children’s court on Wednesday.

A 15-year-old boy is expected to also appear in children’s court today facing the same charges.

The court has previously heard that another teenage boy, who is accused of stomping on the 36-year-old man’s head, allegedly bragged about the assault in a series of disturbing text messages.

He allegedly wrote to friends that he “f***ing fed” the man by stomping on him “so many times” before another teen holding a knife carved at the man’s face as he lay unconscious.

“I put the shattered bottle in his stomach and then (another boy) slit his face like 15 times and stabbed him in the eye,” he allegedly texted.

“He stuck it in his eye. Put it in deeper. And swivelled the knife around. So funny.

“His eye was like a coin slot.”

Magistrate Mary Ryan told a children’s court on Tuesday that as a mother and grandmother it was “very upsetting” to read through the police facts.

“I have never read anything so abhorrent in the adult jurisdiction and this is the children’s jurisdiction,” she said.

The man has been left permanently disfigured and will likely lose one eye after it was allegedly by a knife wielded by a student of prestigious north shore private school Barker College.

On Monday during a court appearance for one of the teens, Magistrate Michael Love described the attack as “sadistic”.

Police have described the alleged victim as an “innocent bystander” in court documents.

However, the court heard the group may have been acting under the assumption the man had sexually assaulted a girl who they had been with at an Airbnb apartment in Pyrmont.

Football news:

Philippe Coutinho: I am motivated and I want to work hard to make everything work out well on the pitch
Torres on Chelsea: I Thought I could remain a top player, but I was unstable. Although there were enough successes
Neville on the broken penalty against Manchester United: an Absolute disgrace
Vidal moves from Barcelona to Inter for 1 million euros
Liverpool are still Interested in renting Dembele from Barcelona
Lacazette scored his 50th goal for Arsenal. 36 of them - at the Emirates
Zaa put United down with a double. Before the match, they recalled a rumor that the player could not in Manchester because of an affair with Moyes'daughter 😚