logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo
star Bookmark: Tag Tag Tag Tag Tag
India

Imran's offer of probe lame excuse, Pakistan nerve centre of terrorism: India

NEW DELHI: India rejected Tuesday Pakistan Prime Minister Imran Khan’s offer, if India provided proof, to investigate the Pulwama attack saying this was a lame excuse and that his promises of "guaranteed action’’ rung hollow given Pakistan’s track record, as obvious from its inaction in both Mumbai and Pathankot terror attacks.

The government hit out at Pakistan describing it as the nerve centre of terrorism and accusing Khan of misleading the international community after he offered dialogue and expressed readiness to discuss terrorism but didn’t condemn the terror attack which left 40 CRPF jawans dead.

In a statement, the MEA said it was regrettable that the Pakistani PM had insinuated India’s response to the terrorist attack was determined by the forthcoming elections. The government said this was a false allegation and that India’s democracy was a model for the world which Pakistan would never understand.

India said that disclaiming any link between the terrorist attack and Pakistan was an "oft-repeated excuse’’ by Pakistan and that Khan had ignored claims made by the Jaish-e-Mohammed (JeM), as well as by the terrorist who perpetrated this heinous crime.

``We demand Pakistan to stop misleading the international community and take credible and visible action against the perpetrators of Pulwama terrorist attack and other terrorists and terror groups operating from areas under their control,’’ it said.

``It is a well-known fact that Jaish-e-Mohammed and its leader Masood Azhar are based in Pakistan. These should be sufficient proof for Pakistan to take action,’’ the statement added.

The government said it wasn’t surprised Khan refused to acknowledge the attack on India’s security forces in Pulwama as an act of terrorism. ``Prime Minister of Pakistan has neither chosen to condemn this heinous act nor condoled with the bereaved families,’’ said the MEA statement.

While Khan had again mentioned in his statement how there was new thinking in "naya Pakistan’’, the government recalled how Khan’s ministers publicly shared platforms with terrorists like Hafiz Saeed, who had been proscribed by the UN, in the same naya Pakistan.



The government recalled how Pakistan had continued to drag its feet in the Mumbai attacks case even after 10 years despite India having provided evidence and similarly how there was no progress even in the Pathankot case.

"Pakistan claims to be the greatest victim of terrorism. This is far from truth. The international community is well acquainted with the reality that Pakistan is the nerve centre of terrorism,’’ read the statement.

On Khan’s offer of talks and Pakistan’s readiness to discuss terrorism, the government said India had repeatedly stated that it was ready to engage in a comprehensive bilateral dialogue in an atmosphere free from terror and violence.

Khan had also declared in his statement that Pakistan won’t think twice about retaliating if India took any military action. He had asked India to introspect on the J&K issue saying it couldn’t be resolved militarily.
Themes
ICO