logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo
star Bookmark: Tag Tag Tag Tag Tag
Canada

$50Gs reward offered for alleged playground gunman

Gunshots shattered the quiet of a summer afternoon at an east-end playground.

And when the smoke cleared, two little girls had been wounded.

Now, Toronto Police are hoping a $50,000 reward and an accompanying awareness campaign will lead them to one of the triggermen responsible for the June 2018 shooting.

For more than a year, detectives have been hunting T’Quan Robertson, 24, but so far he has eluded capture.

Cops say the alleged gunman is hiding somewhere in Ontario.

They want someone to drop a dime on Robertson.

“We’re not looking for witnesses or people to testify, this case is ready to go to trial and we’re just looking for the location of the suspect,” Deputy Chief Peter Yuen said at a press conference Tuesday.

“I’m very confident someone out in the community knows where Mr. Robertson is and we need that phone call.”

About a dozen children were romping around the playground in the city’s east end around 5 p.m. on June 14, 2018 when a vehicle rolled up, police said.

Two assailants got out of the car and began shooting at another man who was at the park.

The gunmen’s target fled but bullets struck two young sisters on the playground, investigators said.

A five-year-old was hit in the abdomen while her nine-year-old sister took a bullet above her ankle.

The pair needed multiple surgeries, but have since recovered, Yuen said.

Police have since arrested two men in connection with the shooting and have also arrested the targeted man on weapons-related charges.

Robertson, however, is still being sought for attempted murder, two counts of aggravated assault and discharging a firearm with intent.

Now, police — along with Crime Stoppers and an initiative known as the Bolo Program — will plaster Robertson’s image on seven billboards in Toronto and flag the reward for his arrest in a social media blitz.

His photograph will also be on the move in a digital advertising truck “driving around strategic neighbourhoods identified by the lead investigator,” said Bolo Program director Maxime Langlois.

Robertson, a rapper who goes by the name Top Gunna, is the latest wanted person featured by the Bolo Program, which launched in May 2018 and aims to spread the word as investigators seek suspects.

The program has featured eight men and one woman so far and has seen more than 200 tips come in, but hasn’t yielded any arrests, Langlois said.

— WITH FILES FROM THE CANADIAN PRESS

All rights and copyright belongs to author:
Themes
ICO