logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo
star Bookmark: Tag Tag Tag Tag Tag
Canada

Fire in Sud-Ouest borough leaves at least ten people homeless

An overnight fire that started on the roof of a catering business early Sunday morning in St-Henri caused smoke damage to six nearby apartments.

The two-alarm fire started at the business located in the Sud-Ouest borough on St-Jacques St. W., at the corner of Agnes St. It began at 1 a.m. Sunday and was fully extinguished four hours later. No was was injured but ten people who resided in the residential building next door and connected to the catering business were assisted by Red Cross because they could not return to their homes.

“The smoke got into six apartments and the tenants were unable to go back in,” Montreal fire dept. Section Chief Daniel Girard said while adding the catering business was damaged as well.

The cause of the fire has yet to be determined.

Themes
ICO