Canada
An article was changed on the original website

Key Kinder Morgan executives offered $1.5-million retention bonuses

CALGARY — Kinder Morgan Canada is paying $1.5-million bonuses to two senior executives to ensure they stay with the company as its Trans Mountain pipeline system is sold to the federal government under a $4.5-billion sales agreement.

In a regulatory filing dated Tuesday, May 29, the company says it approved the payments to president Ian Anderson and David Safari, vice-president, Trans Mountain pipeline expansion, to be paid in equal parts in July 2019 and July 2020.

The payments are conditional on their continued employment through each date.

The filing is dated on the same day last week that Finance Minister Bill Morneau announced the deal to purchase the pipeline assets.

He said the government is counting on the continued employment of key pipeline staff to ensure the estimated $7.4-billion project to triple capacity of the pipeline from Edmonton to Burnaby, B.C., is completed.

The filing also notes that Kinder Morgan Canada has terminated and repaid a $5.5-billion revolving credit facility with the Royal Bank of Canada.

Ottawa is to provide loan guarantees for any money the company spends on the endeavour between now and when the pipeline is sold.

Kinder Morgan is to ask shareholders to vote on the deal before the end of July. If shareholders approve the sale, the paperwork is to be completed sometime in August or September.

Construction is expected to be finished in about two and a half years.

Companies in this article: (TSX:KML)

Football news:

Jurgen Klopp: Titles don't make players better. I don't like questions about dynasty and dominance
Xavi's new contract with al-Sadd has an option to leave for Barcelona
Lewandowski on winning the German Cup final: We showed that Bayern is the best team
Pep Guardiola: we are Happy to play in the Champions League with Real Madrid, the king of this tournament
Xavi has extended his contract with al-Sadd until the end of the 2020/21 season
Asensio is in the starting line-up for Real Madrid for the first time in 420 days
Barcelona is demanding compensation from Nike. The company had previously withdrawn the form from stores due to poor quality