As part of the Military Code, the Department of Work and Pensions (DWP) is improving how current and former military members and their families access Jobcentre Plus services. This includes placing Army Champions in all her Jobcentre Plus Districts, ensuring that DWP provides support that meets the needs of the military community.
Military Advocates OffersJob Center Plus Supportto Veterans, Service Leavers, Military Personnel in Resettlement, and Military and Ex-Military Spouses and Civil Partners To do.
According to the DWP, these advocates are not necessarily present at the job center, but are in close contact with staff who raise issues or concerns and are on site to provide support to applicants. I will arrange for you to be there. - All they have to do is ask for it.
Military Champion Roles
Military Champion Roles are:
- Build staff capacity to support and provide support to members of the military community Do - They personally handle some claims, help people get to work, and help resolve complex cases
- Develop and maintain joint working agreements between Jobcentre Plus and the military
- Provide information to Jobcentre Plus staff about specific military initiatives
- Understand potential barriers to employment facing the military community
- Be the first point of contact to advise on military case questions - Special focus on Jobcentre Plus support available to
- including military personnel, their families and veterans, veterans, veterans and people in resettlement , and military and ex-military spouses and civil partners
- Helping Jobcentre Plus staff identify and work with local employers and partners to maximize opportunities in the military community
They also work to raise the profile of the service community in terms of the skills, knowledge and experience they can offer.
Champions coordinate activities to meet the needs of the district's military community. The DWP said this means some activities may vary from district to district. Champion roles and responsibilities remain the same regardless of location.
Each service has designated contacts that form links with relevant champions within that region.
How to Get Help from Army Champions
Army members can report problems to champions through:
- Jobcentre Plus Work Coaches
- Local Jobcentre Plus Offices
- The Work and Health Program
- Benefit Cap Waivers
- Spouse and Civil Partner Spouse and Ex-Military Information
- National Insurance Credits
- Spouse Employment Opportunities for Military Personnel and Partners
- If You Retire
- Maternity Benefits for Overseas Spouse
- Injury and Sickness Benefits
- 52} Universal Credit Online Accounts
GOV.UK's updated guidance also provides further information on: increase.
GOV.UK Read the full list of detailed support for .
Join the conversation on Money Saving Scotland's Facebook group Tips for saving energy and money, the latest benefits news, consumer help, and tips for coping with the cost of living crisis. advice.
Sign up for the Record Money Newsletter to receive Top Stories sent to your inbox every Tuesday, Thursday and Friday - Sign Up Here.
SUBSCRIBE TO OUR 3 WEEKLY NEWSLETTERS TO STAY UPDATED ON THE MOST READ MORE MONEY STORIES - SIGN UP here.