Fireworks have just been launched across the United States just after Independence Day.
The most important part of all the beautiful fireworks is to dispose of them properly.
How do you dispose of fireworks?
After a fun night of fireworks, it's important to dispose of them properly to prevent accidents. There are three simple steps advised by
Fireworks should be completely submerged in water overnight.
After soaking overnight, double wrap the used fireworks in a wrap or bag to prevent them from drying out.
Fireworks are not considered a household hazard and can be dumped in the trash.
However, do not recycle or throw it in the trash can in the garden.
Are fireworks legal in all states?
Despite the aesthetics of fireworks, unfortunately, according to theReader's Digest, fireworks are not allowed in all states of the United States.
In states like California and New Jersey, only non-aerial and non-explosive fireworks are allowed.
In other states, including Texas and Florida, most handheld fireworks are allowed.
Some states have completely banned fireworks. It's Massachusetts.
Professional fireworks, such as Independence Day fireworks, are permitted, but are not permitted for private use alone.
Despite illegal fireworks in the state,Massachusettsreports that more than 30 people have been seriously injured in the last decade.
What are the fireworks guidelines?
Fireworks are beautiful, but according to theNew Jersey Community Authority, it is very important to be careful when using fireworks.
Buy only from reputable locations and refrain from buying in broken packages.
It's also not a good idea to try to repair a broken firework.
Naturally, fireworks should not be used indoors or in very windy or dry weather.
You also need to prepare water and follow the guidelines in case of an emergency.
Fireworks should not be aimed at people, animals, or even buildings.
"Non-aerial fireworks are legal in New Jersey, but it's important to remember that fireworks are inherently dangerous because they can burn people, animals, and property." Governor Sheila Y. Oliver said.
"We recommend that the general public, especially those cared for by children, check the state's fireworks safety guidelines and use them with great care.
"Sparklers should not be treated as children's toys as they can cause personal injury. In fact, one sparkler can reach about 1,200 ° F." It can cause three burns and serious eye injuries, "continued Lieutenant Oliver.