Four Aussie prisoners in Bali's infamous Kerobokan jail could have COVID-19.
According to the Courier-Mail, the virus has been sweeping through the notorious jail, with 84 men and 22 women confirmed to have it.
No one has died at this stage.
Matthew Norman and Si Yi Chen are both serving life for their involvement in the Bali Nine heroin smuggling ring, and have tested ‘reactive’ to the virus.
Victorian paedophile Robert Andrew Fiddes Ellis, 74, also tested reactive.
Queenslander Brendon Luke Johnson is serving five years for possessing 12 grams of cocaine and has tested reactive too.
Kerobokan prison warden Yulius Sahruzah said 627 prisoners and six officers were declared reactive.
Victoria has announced three new locations where people may have been exposed to COVID-19 as the state drops below 100 active cases.
A confirmed case visited Coles supermarket at Glenroy on Tuesday October 20 between 12 and 12.15pm.
Confirmed cases also rode the Craigieburn line from Glenroy, North Melbourne and Yarraville between 6am and 6.45am on Wednesday October 21 and back the other way from 1.15pm and 2pm on the same day.
On Thursday October 22 a confirmed case travelled between Glenroy, North Melbourne and Yarraville from 6am – 6.45am, and between Yarraville, North Melbourne and Oak Park from 1.15pm – 2pm.
Anyone who visited the same locations as those listed on Victoria&amp;#x27;s health department website should monitor for symptoms and immediately get tested and isolate if they develop any.
A New Zealand citizen and Qld resident will spend the next 14 days quarantining in a Perth jail cell after allegedly breaching hotel quarantine four times.
According to WAToday, Selu Cecil Thornley Siitia, 32, was ordered to quarantine for two weeks after arriving in Western Australia on a work pass on October 13.
READ: FIFO workers flout quarantine
Police allege he wasn't in the Mont Clare Boutique Apartments in East Perth where he was supposed to be when they arrived for a check at around 3pm on Friday.
Police arrested Mr Siitia outside the apartments instead.
He reportedly told them he'd dropped his phone off the balcony and gone to pick it up.
Staff at the hotel then told the police they'd found Mr Siitia and a 30-year-old colleague from NSW playing cards and drinking together in his room during a previous check.
Both of them are due to be fined $1000, while Mr Siitia faced Perth Magistrates Court via audiolink on Saturday morning after being charged with four counts of failing to comply with a direction.
He now has to go through a new 14-day quarantine at a solitary cell in Hakea Prison and face court again on November 9.
WA recorded four new cases on Saturday, all of them returned travellers who are now in hotel quarantine.
The New Zealand Ministry of Health has announced 11 new virus cases.
Five of the cases are part of the day 6 testing of international fishing crew in Christchurch with health officials warning more cases are expected from this group.
Other cases included two recent arrivals from the United Kingdom and one who arrived from the United Arab Emirates as well as a family group of two people who arrived from Amsterdam via Singapore.
All are in managed isolation.
There have been no new cases of community transmission in the country.
Queensland recorded zero new coronavirus cases overnight.
There are now six active cases in the state.
Saturday, 24 October – coronavirus cases in Queensland:
• 0 new confirmed cases
• 6 active cases
• 1,167 total confirmed cases
• 1,211,609 tests conducted
Sadly, six Queenslanders with COVID-19 have died. 1,156 patients have recovered.#covid19 pic.twitter.com/1PRqyTmiyb— Annastacia Palaszczuk (@AnnastaciaMP) October 24, 2020
Daniel Andrews appears to have shot down hopes Melbourne could reopen early, warning residents not to "bank" on it.
There had been reports the city could enjoy eased restrictions as early as Wednesday ahead of the announcements billed to occur tomorrow – but the Victorian Premier said he wanted to urge people not to get their hopes up.
"I just want to caution people from, if you like, banking that tomorrow I'm making a whole series of detailed announcements about opening up," he said.
The huge blow comes as a cluster in the city's northern suburbs widens, contributing to the state's seven new virus cases today.
Extensive testing is being carried out in the area, but the Premier warned "there may be more virus in that northern part of the city than we would be comfortable with" which could see the case numbers "explode".
Premier Daniel Andrews has spoken about the virus cluster in Melbourne's northern suburbs after confirming seven new virus cases, warning "there may be more".
Four new cases were in the Preston area, one a student, which had affected several local schools.
Andrews said while the numbers were a good indicator, it wasn't always reliable.
"I stress numbers are not always the most accurate guide. Almost certainly we will get more cases out of these separate outbreaks," he said Saturday.
"The key point will be tomorrow and Monday and throughout the week, are they linked?"
If the cases are not linked, Andrews said "there may be more virus in that northern part of the city than we would be comfortable with" which could see the case numbers "explode".
"We have been in some respects in this position before and we have to do everything we can to avoid that," he said.
Students and families of East Preston Islamic College and Croxton School are asked to get tested immediately, even if they do not have any symptoms.
Premier Daniel Andrews has confirmed there are less than 100 active virus cases in Victoria – the lowest number in the state since June 19.
"There are, as I've said, 98 active cases, 96 in metropolitan Melbourne and two of those cases in regional Victoria," mr Andrews said Saturday morning.
He also went into detail about the seven new cases in Victoria were from metropolitan Melbourne, revealing there were three new cases in Darebin and single cases in Banule, greater Dandenong, Maribyrnong and Wyndham.
NSW Health has recorded zero new locally transmitted virus cases overnight for the second consecutive day.
In a video announcement on Twitter, Dr Stephen Corbett said there were five new cases in returned travellers, all of which are in hotel quarantine.
WATCH: Dr Stephen Corbett provides a #COVID19 update for Saturday 24 October pic.twitter.com/GlB4qmYUfH— NSW Health (@NSWHealth) October 24, 2020
The state performed 12,890 tests on Friday, down from 13,686 the day before.
Currently there are 74 coronavirus patients receiving treatment, none of which are in intensive care.
For the second consecutive day, NSW has reported no new cases of locally transmitted COVID-19 in the 24 hours to 8pm last night.
Five cases in overseas travellers in hotel quarantine were reported, bringing the total number of cases in NSW to 4,186. pic.twitter.com/onYNi4hJGD— NSW Health (@NSWHealth) October 24, 2020
Victoria has recorded seven new coronavirus cases and no deaths on Saturday.
Melbourne’s all-important 14-day coronavirus average has not hit five – meaning lockdown restrictions could be further eased on Sunday.
Regional Victoria’s average is 0.2.
There are 10 mystery cases in metropolitan Melbourne and none in regional Victoria.
Yesterday there were 7 new cases & no loss of life reported. The 14 day rolling average is down in Melb & regional Vic, and cases with unknown source stable. There is more info here and also later today https://t.co/pcll7ySEgz #COVID19VicData pic.twitter.com/DlWYER6e9K— VicGovDHHS (@VicGovDHHS) October 23, 2020
Four of the new coronavirus cases were detected in Melbourne’s north as the cluster linked to East Preston Islamic College continues to grow.
The Department of Health and Human Services confirmed on Saturday morning there had been four new infections in the Preston area.
One of the new cases is a student at East Preston Islamic College.
You can read more on this here.