Construction and roadwork, much of it related to the Stage 2 LRT project, should give Ottawans even more reason to stay at home over the coming weeks, with street and on- and off-ramp closures cropping up in both the east and west ends of the city.
The following traffic impacts were announced by the city on Thursday:
• The westbound off-ramp to Jeanne d’Arc Boulevard will close nightly from 9 p.m. to 5:30 a.m. starting on March 8 and ending on the morning of March 13. It will close again nightly from 9 p.m. to 5:30 a.m. beginning March 15 and ending the morning of March 20.
• The eastbound on-ramp from southbound Jeanne d’Arc Boulevard will similarly close nightly from 9 p.m. to 5:30 a.m. beginning March 8 and ending the morning of March 13. It will also close again nightly from 9 p.m. to 5:30 a.m. beginning March 15 and ending the morning of March 20.
• The westbound on-ramp from northbound Pinecrest Road is closed until November. Yes, November.
• The section between Lockhart Road and Redwood Avenue is closed until March 19. There will be no local access to this section of Byron Avenue.
• The section between Richardson and Harcourt avenues is closed until March 8. Local access is maintained.
• The section between Lockhart and Woodroffe avenues will close from March 10 until the end of April. Local access will be maintained.