• A section of Highway 417 will close at Nicholas Street, in both directions, from Saturday at 6 p.m. to Sunday at 11 a.m. The eastbound on-ramps at Nicholas and Metcalfe streets will also close during that time. Detourswill be in place.
Lane reductions will start on Saturday at 5 p.m., followed by the full closure at 6 p.m. With the new bridge now in place, the old structure will be demolished as part of the Ministry of Transportation’s replacement of the Nicholas Street underpass.
• Prince of Wales Drive will have weekday off-peak northbound lane reductions between Colonnade Road and Fisher Avenue from Monday until the end of the month for road resurfacing. One lane northbound will be maintained.Cyclist and pedestrian access will be maintained.
• Fisher Avenue will have weekday off-peak intermittent lane reductions in both directions between Baseline Road and Carling Avenue on Monday for crack repairs. Traffic controllers will be on site to direct motorists. Pedestrian and cycling access will be maintained.
• The eastbound and westbound lanes of Iris Street at the Transitway will shift north of the street beginning on Monday for the Stage 2 Confederation Line West Extension. This project will take about 18 months. Detour signage will be in place.
Plan your car trips carefully over the next few days. The City of Ottawa says a number of projects will affect traffic this month.
Here’s where to expect delays:
• The Highway 417 eastbound off-ramp at St. Laurent Boulevard will close from Thursday at 11 p.m. to Friday at 5a.m. for paving.
• Fallowfield Road will have weekday off-peak and weekend lane reductions in both directions at Shea Road from Thursday to Oct. 10 for guiderail replacement. Local access will be maintained and traffic controllers will be on site for motorists, pedestrians and cyclists.
• Huntmar Drive will be closed between Bradley Side Road and Richardson Side Road, and Richardson Side Road will be closed to westbound traffic between Terry Fox Drive and Oak Creek Road from Friday at 6 p.m. to Monday at 5 a.m. for roundabout construction. Motorists, cyclists and pedestrians are encouraged to take alternative routes.
• Scott Street westbound will be closed between Island Park Drive and Holland Avenue from Friday at 7 p.m. until Monday at 5 a.m. for sewer and watermain replacement. Detours will be in place for motorists and cyclists. Pedestrian access will be maintained. OC Transpo will also be detoured. VisitOCTranspo.comfor detour information.