Canada

‘The fight is off’ McGregor tells Poirier in Twitter spat

Ireland’s Conor McGregor has told Dustin Poirier their third fight scheduled for July 10 is off after the pair quarreled on Twitter over a $500,000 donation to the American’s charity.

Former two-weight UFC champion McGregor said earlier this month that a third fight was booked with Poirier, who became the first man to knock him out in January. McGregor knocked Poirier out in a featherweight contest in 2014.

But McGregor was not happy when Poirier said the Irishman had not made good on a promise to donate to his charity.

“A donation, not a debt. We’ve been awaiting the plans for the money that never came,” McGregor said in a reply.

“500k with no plan in place,” he added. “The fight is off… I’m going to fight someone else on the 10th.”

Poirier replied by saying McGregor’s team “never responded” to emails explaining where the funds would go. (Reporting by Rohith Nair in Bengaluru; Editing by Ken Ferris)

Football news:

Griezmann spoke with Hamilton and visited the Mercedes boxes at the Spanish Grand Prix
Barcelona feels that Neymar used it. He said that he wanted to return, but extended his contract with PSG (RAC1)
Aubameyang to the Arsenal fans: We wanted to give you something good. I am sorry that we could not
Atletico did not lose at the Camp Nou. Busquets' injury is the turning point of the match (and the championship race?)
Verratti injured his knee ligaments in PSG training. Participation in the Euro is still in question
Neymar's contract in one picture. Mbappe wants the same one
Manchester United would like to sign Bellingham in the summer, not Sancho. Borussia do not intend to sell Jude