Epic’s mobile network firmly established itself in the top position following an updated evaluation by umlaut, excelling in all categories and subcategories
Epic’s network has received further recognition by umlaut. The independent German company, which in May 2020 ranked Epic as the No.1 mobile network in Cyprus, has placed Epic at the top in all categories and subcategories after a revised evaluation covering the period from early May to the end of October.
Epic originally achieved the top spot among all domestic mobile networks, achieving the highest score of a total of 861 points (on a scale of 1-1000). Following the latest evaluation, Epic’s score reached 917, widening the gap between itself and its competitors even further and firmly establishing its network excellence.
More specifically, Epic’s network secured the top spot in three core categories: Coverage, Speed and Latency, as well as in all individual indicators. Compared to its competitors in the market, Epic’s mobile network stood out in:
· Coverage Excellence – 4G Broadband focus: These are comparative basic performance networks (KPIs) that measure the scope and quality of broadband networks in urban, suburban, and other areas.
· Time on Broadband: This category measures the experience of the final user, who has a device and a 4G plan, and counts the good individual performance of broadband services through the user’s time spent on the 4G network.
· Speeds supporting Basic Internet (speeds of 2 Mbps or more): The category measures the frequency with which users achieve speeds that support basic internet services that require 2 Mbps or more.
· Speeds supporting HD (speeds of 5 Mbps or more): The category measures the frequency with which users achieve speeds that support popular services that require 5 Mbps or more.
· Speeds supporting UHD Video (speeds of 20 Mbps or more): The category measures the frequency with which users achieve speeds that support popular services that require 20 Mbps or more.
· Best Gaming Class (latency of 50 ms or less is required): The category measures the good performance when using online games and which need latency less than 50ms.
· Best OTT Voice Class (latency 100 ms or less is required): The category measures good individual performance in the use of over-the-top voice services, such as voice calls via Skype, WhatsApp and Viber.
It is worth noting that there has been an impressive increase in the results for the Speed and Latency categories since the previous evaluation, which significantly contribute to an improved overall customer experience.
Hakan Ekmen, CEO Telecommunication at umlaut, says: “Congratulations to Epic for being awarded for the second time Best-in-Test for their Mobile Network in Cyprus. We see continuous performance improvement with an overall score increase from 861 dots to 917 dots after half a year.”
umlaut is an independent international ratings and audit company. The company’s methodology focuses on user experience for each network, and the research is carried out through the crowdsourcing method. The results of these independent ratings are recognised in more than 120 countries as the de facto industry standard in the telecommunications sector and are used by a number of top telecommunications organisations, such as the Vodafone Group, Deutsche Telecom / T-Mobile (Group), Swisscom (Switzerland), Verizon (USA), EE (UK) and others, so that they can consistently monitor and improve the quality of their network services.
Epic continues to break ground, as this year along with the award from umlaut as ‘Best Mobile Network in Test’, Epic has received the award for ‘Fastest Mobile Network in Cyprus’ from the international performance testing and analysis organisation Ookla. Epic is the first telecommunications provider in Cyprus to achieve both distinctions within a year.
These awards are the result of the significant development that the company underwent after it was acquired by Monaco Telecom and the large investment in its network and infrastructure, and they certify that Epic is by far the best mobile network in the country.
Epic will continue to provide a great network along with great value for its subscribers in Cyprus, so that everyone can enjoy unique services and technological solutions that improve and simplify their daily lives.
For more information on the awards from umlaut and Ookla, visit epic.com.cy