The BBC is to air an interview tonight with Prince Andrew accuser Virginia Roberts Giuffre, who says 'only one of us is telling the truth' about their relationship.
Ms Giuffre, who claims she was sex trafficked by convicted paedophile Jeffrey Epstein, himself a friend of the Duke, was interviewed last month by BBC Panorama about her allegations.
In a brief clip she says: “He knows what happened, I know what happened and there’s only one of us telling the truth.”
It follows a disastrous interview by Prince Andrew which served only to draw greater scrutiny on the Queen's son.
Days after the BBC Newsnight interview was broadcast the Duke was effectively sacked from his royal role, the Mirror reports.
Virginia Roberts Giuffre was pictured alongside the Duke of York when she was just 17 years old in 2001.
The 59-year-old dad-of-two has always denied any sexual relationship with Ms Roberts and has said the infamous photo of the two of them may have been doctored.
Earlier this year Jeffrey Epstein, a friend of Prince Andrew, took his own life in prison awaiting trial for sex offences.
Responding to allegations by Prince Andrew's accuser Virginia Roberts Giuffre that the Metropolitan Police failed to investigate her complaint she had been trafficked in 2001 by Jeffrey Epstein, the force said it stands by its decision it was "not the appropriate authority" to investigate.
The Met added officers had spoken to other agencies but have "not received a formal request asking for assistance".
Commander Alex Murray said: "In July 2015 the Metropolitan Police Service (MPS) confirmed it had received an allegation of non-recent trafficking for sexual exploitation.
"The allegation was made against a US national, Jeffrey Epstein, and a British woman.
"It related to events outside of the UK and an allegation of trafficking to central London in March 2001.
"The MPS always takes any allegations concerning sexual exploitation seriously.
"Officers assessed the available evidence, interviewed the complainant and obtained early investigative advice from the Crown Prosecution Service.
"Following the legal advice, it was clear that any investigation into human trafficking would be largely focused on activities and relationships outside the UK.
"We therefore concluded that the MPS was not the appropriate authority to conduct enquiries in these circumstances and, in November 2016, a decision was made that this matter would not proceed to a full criminal investigation.
"In August 2019, following the death of Jeffrey Epstein the MPS reviewed the decision making and our position remains unchanged.
"The MPS has liaised with other law enforcement organisations but has not received a formal request asking for assistance in connection with this allegation."
A US lawyer representing some of Epstein's alleged victims has raised the possibility of questioning the Duke under oath over his relationship with the disgraced financier.
Discussing how Andrew could become involved in any legal process, Lisa Bloom said that, as an attorney, she had "the right" to seek a statement from individuals she deemed to have "relevant information".
She told BBC Breakfast: "It's not going to be easy to subpoena someone like Prince Andrew, he's obviously not walking down the street where a process server can just hand him a piece of paper, it's a lot more complicated.
"If he refused to come, we may have a diplomatic situation between (the UK) and (the US). I hope it doesn't come to that.
"I take him at his word that he says he is going to co-operate, and I hope that's what's going to happen."
The Prince and the Epstein Scandal airs on BBC One on Monday at 9pm.