BLACK cab rapist John Worboys has been interviewed by psychiatrists ahead of a possible move to a lower category.
Worboys, 61, is suspected of carrying out dozens of sex attacks after drugging his victims with spiked champagne.
Last year, he was controversially granted parole but after an outcry led by The Sun a judicial review overturned the decision and ordered he stay inside for at least another two years.
At the time several other women came forward to say they had been attacked by a man resembling Worboys and detectives said they would re-examine the attacks and speak with him.
In July he was questioned at high security Wakefield Prison in West Yorkshire about the claims but there have been no new charges brought against him.
A source told The Sun on Sunday: “Worboys hasn’t been seen by the police since they came in during the summer and he’s complaining all the publicity is keeping him inside for longer.
“He’s been moaning that he’s done his time and should be released. He keeps saying he’s done more than what he was originally sentenced for.”
Evil Worboys was jailed in 2009 after being convicted of 19 sex attacks on 12 women while driving his black cab.
He is currently in the hospital wing at Category A Wakefield Prison following an operation late last year and his recovery is taking longer than expected.
There are plans to move him to a lower category prison after he was assessed by psychiatrists who said he was “not an escape risk or a danger to other inmates”.
The source added: “He’s been on his best behaviour. He was gutted with the decision of the judicial review but is going give it another go when his parole comes up again.”
In a statement Scotland Yard said: “An investigation was launched in January 2018 after a number of women contacted police with information.
“Since then, officers have assessed all the information provided and established there are a number of allegations that required investigation.
“Police also sought early investigative advice from the Crown Prosecution Service.
“The allegations include sexual assault and administering a substance with intent to commit a sexual offence; and are said to have been committed between 1997 and 2007.
“On Wednesday 4 July, a 61-year-old man was interviewed under caution at a venue in Yorkshire.
“A full file has been passed to the CPS for review in relation to this investigation.
“The investigation continues.”