DON’T tell Eugenie, but looking like a princess on your wedding day can be done on the cheap.
- SAMPLE SALES: Signing up to receive notifications of sample sales for boutiques and designers can save you a fortune.
Sarah says: “Bridal boutiques often sell off their remaining stock at discounted prices, sometimes as much as 80 per cent lower.”
- HIT THE HIGH STREET: These days, high street and online stores have wedding gowns to rival their designer counterparts. Earlier this year Missguided offered a £35 ringer for the £100,000 Givenchy gown Meghan wore to marry Harry in May.
H&M also offers budget dresses — with a lookalike of Kate Middleton’s £250,000 Alexander McQueen frock going for £149.99.
- SHOP FOR SEPARATES: Sarah advises: “A skirt and top combo is not only likely to cost a little less than a full gown, but there’s even the chance you could wear them both again after the big day.
For example, a lace-style wedding dress from Monsoon costs £499 but a top and skirt in similar fabric can be picked up there for £288 (£109 and £179 respectively) — saving you £211.
- KEEP IT SIMPLE: Sarah says: “Materials like silk and lace, as well as lots of beading and embroidery, can really raise the price of a dress. If you’re looking to cut costs then channel your inner Meghan and opt for a chic, clean, simple design instead.”
An embellished gown from Debut at Debenhams could set you back £340, while a plain option from the same range costs around £220.
- CONSIDER A PRE-LOVED DRESS: Second-hand gowns have (usually) only been worn for that one day but come with a huge discount.
Use sites like preloved.co.uk or eBay, then pay for any alterations needed to make it your perfect fit.
Another good site is oxfam.co.uk/shop/bridal — it currently has a lace dress by Pronovias for £300. The brand usually costs upwards of £1,300.
SLIP into the Tom Tailor Contrast Trim Boots from Kaleidoscope for £45, a much cheaper option than this Prada pair for £545.
SUE MINNS from Driffield, East Yorks, says: “Don’t buy expensive weedkiller. Just carefully pour boiling water on weeds and watch them die.”
Buy two get one free on all Twist & Spritz atomisers from The Fragrance Shop. Usually £10 each.
REVAMP your crockery with Argos Home’s Tilda 12-piece dinner set. Was £25, now £20 until Monday.
GRAHAM BUTLER, of Portland, Dorset, says: “My girlfriend and I have been putting the fivers away to spend on days out during our trip to the US and Canada next year.”
TOAST the Royal Wedding with this Riunite Prosecco from Morrisons. Was £8.25, now £6.50.
CLEAN your home with Zoflora disinfectants for £1.09 at starbargains.co.uk. Usually £5.19 on Amazon.
JOIN thousands of readers taking part in the new Sun Savers Raffle.
Every Sun Savers code you enter will earn you a ticket for our £15k monthly Raffle. And for every ten tickets you collect in a calendar month, you get a GOLDEN TICKET for our £80k Raffle, which takes place every three months, with the first one at the end of June.
There is no limit to how many tickets you can collect. So the more you enter, the better your chances.
To take part go to sunsavers.co.uk or open the Sun Savers app. Then opt in to each month’s Raffle by clicking “Yes!” when prompted and start collecting the Sun Savers codes printed daily in the paper.
Not yet a Sun Savers member? Just go to sunsavers.co.uk or find “Sun Savers” in the app store to get started.
YOU can get FREE cash with super Sun Savers just for buying your favourite paper.
Our brilliant new rewards club will pay back our most loyal readers.
Just pick up the paper each day to collect your Sun Savers codes and we will GIVE YOU £5 when you have collected 28.
This isn’t a one-off and there is no limit to how much cash you can save.
For every 28 codes you enter, we will give you a fiver. So over the course of a year, that could add up to £65.
We are keeping it super-simple. You don’t have to enter codes from consecutive days, so don’t worry if you forget a day or two.
Download our easy Sun Savers app and quickly scan your code using your smartphone. Or go online and enter your code at sunsavers.co.uk.
With Sun Savers, we give you the best hacks, deals and tips to save money every single day.
TO JOIN: Don’t worry, folks — joining takes just 30 seconds, in three steps.