Great Britain

Liverpool transfer news and rumours LIVE - 3rd kit 2019/20 launched, Werner latest, Hassaini linked, Philipp Max 'wanted as Robertson cover', Dortmund reaction

Welcome to another edition of your latest Liverpool news, views, opinion and transfer tittle-tattle.

Liverpool 'target' Timo Werner has been told to make a decision on his future by RB Leipzig, according to reports. The 22-year-old striker has had a new deal on the table since January but only has 11 months to run on his current deal and, with the Reds reported to be among a number of clubs interested in his signature, Leipzig are now said to be wanting a definitive answer.

The Reds are said to be leading the chase ahead of Arsenal for French wonderkid Bilel Hassaini. The 18-year-old is one of the most in-demand attacking midfielders in Europe and spent last season with Nancy in France but is yet to agree terms on a new deal and would be available on a free, although Nancy would be due compensation.

Spanish outlet SPORT say the Reds are interested in Augsburg left back Philipp Max as cover for Andy Robertson. The 25-year-old has three international caps for Germany and is also thought to be attracting the attention of Barcelona, with a fee in the region of £20m being mooted.

Connor Dunn and the rest of the team will be with you today from 7am to ensure constant coverage of all things LFC, including news, great photos, nostalgia, live interviews and much, much more.

The ECHO will also provide you with the very latest transfer news as it happens throughout the week, with every rumour and story digested and analysed each day with updates from full-time LFC reporter Ian Doyle in the United States for the Reds' pre-season tour and much more.

There will also be all the latest team news before games, plus every one of Jurgen Klopp press conferences covered live and with video.

We want you to get involved too - tell us your thoughts on what's happening at Anfield by tweeting @LivEchoLFC or @ConnorDunn7 . Join the debate right now and get involved.

Werner told he must make a decision about his future by Leipzig

Timo Werner has been told to make a decision over his future by RB Leipzig.

The Germany striker was given a a contract offer from the club back in January as they hoped he would extend his deal.

However, the 22-year-old frontman, who has been repeatedly linked to Liverpool this summer, is ready to run down his contract.

Werner has just 11 months left on his current deal and if that comes to an end without him signing new terms he will leave on a free transfer next summer.

However, Leipzig, who have previously threatened to dump the attacker in their reserves next term, want a definitive answer now.

If he continues to refuse, then they will push to sell the player before the opening of the Bundesliga season on August 18.

“We do not want to set an ultimatum, but eventually we need a decision,” declared CEO Oliver Mintzlaff on Friday, speaking in Austria via the Mirror..

“It is desirable that we have a solution before the league starts. We can and want to meet this timing.

“We are in constructive and good talks, which will lead to a result. We have submitted a contract offer to Timo and his consultant, we stand by that and we do not have to improve it.

“It is legitimate for a young international to think about his future. But it is also legitimate that the club wants to extend this quality to players. Or that we just want to sell it.”

Werner, previously linked with the Reds, has been interested in a move to Bayern Munich while Real Madrid have also been identified as potential suitors.

However, Leipzig have received no offers for Werner with Luka Jovic moving to the Bernabeu and Bayern manager Niko Kovac prioritising signing a winger after the exits of veteran duo Franck Ribery and Arjen Robben.

“We are in the situation where the contract of a player expires. That’s not a unique situation in the Bundesliga,” Mintzlaff added.

“The topic of Werner has occupied the media more than we ourselves. But, of course, we will eventually need a decision.”

Liverpool 'move ahead' in Bilel Hassaini race

Liverpool have moved ahead of Arsenal in the race to sign French wonderkid Bilel Hassaini, according to reports.

Hassaini, 18, is one of the most in-demand attacking midfielders in Europe and spent last season with Nancy in France.

His contract expired at the end of the 2018-19 campaign and he is yet to agree new terms with the Ligue 1 side with a host of clubs queuing up to sign him on a free transfer.

Arsenal were thought to be favourites but now reports have linked the Reds with the transfer.

Bilel Hassaini of France
Bilel Hassaini of France (Image: (Photo by Filipe Farinha/Getty Images))

Hello

Well, it’s 7am here on Merseyside and a good morning from me!

It’s the morning after the night before - the US tour didn’t get off to the perfect start and Klopp will have plenty to ponder after the Reds 3-2 defeat to Borussia Dortmund.

And not only that but we will also have all the latest news, views and transfer tittle-tattle from Anfield.

Sit back and enjoy.

Morning all!

We’ll have all the latest news from the Reds US tour for you as the early-hours defeat to Borussia Dortmund is digested - here’s the top stories

Football news:

Sterling on the record for goals in a season: we Want to win the Champions League and the FA Cup, otherwise they won't mean anything
Sheffield will finish the Premier League season without defeats from clubs from London. 22 points in 10 games and 5 home wins
Bonucci on Juve's draw with Atalanta: We must look at the result. This is how Championships are won
Sterling surpassed Yaya Toure to become Manchester City's 2nd goalscorer in the history of the Premier League
Gasperini on two penalties for Juve: They are above any rules in Italy. Did we have to cut off our hands?
Sarri Pro 2:2 with Atalanta: We played with one of the best teams in Europe right now
Pep Guardiola: Manchester City have won a place in the Champions League on the pitch. I hope that UEFA will allow us to play