A pensioner died in hospital a fortnight after suffering severe burns in a chip fat fire, an inquest opening heard.
Emergency services were called to a caravan in Crickhowell at 5pm on May 19 where Derick Raymond Bevan, 78, had been injured by a fire caused by chip fat.
An inquest into Mr Bevan's death was opened in Pontypridd on Thursday and coroner's officer Lauren Howitt said Mr Bevan was admitted to the burns unit at Morriston Hospital in Swansea where he was treated for 27.5% burns.
Mr Bevan of Pen-Groeslan Uchaf, Ffawyddog, Crickhowell, developed sepsis and multi-organ failure and died on June 12.
A provisional cause of death provided by a pathologist was listed as 1a) multi-organ failure; 1b) sepsis, and; 1c) burns.
Senior coroner Graeme Hughes adjourned the inquest into Mr Bevan's death until June 29, 2021.