These are the latest transfer rumours from around the Premier League and beyond on Wednesday, July 17.

Man Utd given green light for double signing

Man Utd will finally make make an official bid of £54m for Sporting Lisbon star Bruno Fernandes, according to reports.

According to Duncan Castles on the Transfer Window podcast , the player's agent has informed Sporting a bid is on its way, with the figure likely to be accepted.

Previous reports had suggested United had been told only £63m would be accepted.

Meanwhile, United chiefs are also alleged to have put together a bid worth between £80m and £90m today for Lazio midfielder Sergej Milinkovic-Savic during talks today.

Il Tempo claim the move comes amid rival interest from PSG and the bid is set to be submitted to the Italian side.

 

Arsenal on brink of double deal

Arsenal are close to signing Real Madrid midfielder Dani Ceballos and Saint-Etienne centre-back William Saliba, according to Sky Sports.

They claim the Gunners are 'increasingly hopeful' of sealing a season-long loan for Ceballos, with the hope of including an option to buy.

The report also says Arsenal are on the verge of agreeing a deal with Saint-Etienne to sign highly-rated defender Saliba.

Trippier's Madrid move confirmed

Kieran Trippier is headed to Atletico Madrid.

Trippier has joined for a fee of just over £20 million , already passing his medical, ending his four-year stay at Tottenham.

Could Sheff Utd's pursuit of McBurnie be over?

Sheffield United's pursuit of Oliver McBurnie appears to have taken a twist amid reports the Blades are in advanced talks with Bournemouth's Lys Mousset.

The Daily Mail state that the Yorkshire club are in negotiations with the south coast outfit over a £10million deal for the Frenchman after their £15million offer for McBurnie was rejected on Monday.

It is understood that Swansea are holding out for closer to £20million for the Scotland international, with chairman Trevor Birch and head coach Steve Cooper conceding that every player has his price.

Chris Wilder's potential capture of Mousset would not necessarily end interest in McBurnie entirely, but it would ease fears among the Swansea fanbase over McBurnie, who is close to gaining cult status in South Wales.

Newcastle close in on Joelinton

Newcastle are set to follow up the appointment of Steve Bruce with the signing of Joelinton.

The Brazillian striker is set to arrive at St James’ Park on a £36 million deal from Hoffenheim, according to the Mirror.

The 22-year-old is set to become Steve Bruce’s first signing.

Time ticking on Maguire deal

Brendan Rodgers says Manchester United may run out of time in their Harry Maguire pursuit.

The Leicester City boss says there may come a time when even meeting the Foxes’ valuation for the defender won’t be enough.

He said: “Of course, we can't leave ourselves short. There are obviously going to be targets that we have in mind if Harry was to move on, but we don't have to sell, we don't need to sell.

"If there's not a bid that meets our valuation then we won't go right until the very end because if we then looked to get in someone it could be too late.

"There will be a point in time that even if the valuation is met, it may be too late."

The former Liverpool boss also says United are ‘nowhere near’ meeting Leicester’s valuation of their star centre back.

Austin unhappy with Saints

Staying in the South - Southampton will reportedly accept an offer of £8 million for striker Charlie Austin, who has been left furious with the Saints.

Austin has been told to train with the under-23s this summer.

Southampton have informed Austin, Mario Lemina and Jordy Clasie that they are free to speak to new clubs.

Austin was said to have had a bust-up with manager Ralph Hasenhuttl, calling his boss ‘disrespectful’.