Bayern will be back for Sane
Bayern Munich remain confident that they can prise Leroy Sane from the Etihad, reports The Sun, despite the fact the German winger faces seven months on the sidelines after sustaining a serious knee injury in Man City’s Community Shield triumph.
Bayern had tabled a £70m bid for Sane prior to his injury, and although the Sky Blues turned them down, the German champions are still determined to sign the 23-year-old, and will be poised to make their move when the transfer window reopens in January.
With Franck Ribery and Arjen Robbery no longer at Bayern, they regard Sane as the man to fill their void and according to the Sun they “will make him their highest earner on a whopping £400,000-a-week salary”.
Pogba talks up Madrid move
It looks as though the speculation over Paul Pogba’s future will continue right up until the end of the European transfer window on September 2. The Manchester United star’s brother, Mattias, is the latest to stir the pot after telling Spanish TV that Pogba was “waiting” to move.
According to Goal.com, Pogba the Elder, a former Crawley Town striker who now plays for Manchego in Spain, said: “They are missing my brother and I think [Zidane] needs another midfielder. Of course, Florentino [Perez] can get him, nothing is impossible in life.
“I don’t think he’s worth €200 million, but now the football world is like that, Manchester are going to ask for a lot, but not €200m.
“It’s a delicate situation but the player has his personal goals, if you have to leave, well, that’s it. I can’t assure you that he is going to stay at United. We know he wanted to move, but he’s not to blame. He’s waiting. He works hard and we’ll see what happens.
“In football, you never know. Until September 2 everything can happen. My brother’s dream is to win the Champions League.”
United to sell trio?
With just over a fortnight remaining before the European transfer window closes, the Daily Star claims that Man Utd are still cautiously optimistic that they can get shot of three unwanted players. Their desire to dump Alexis Sanchez has been well-chronicled with Juventus, Napoli, AC Milan and Inter Milan all interested in signing the 30-year-old flop.
But the Star says that Marcos Rojo “is being eyed by Fenerbahce” and Inter Milan are keen on signing Matteo Darmian, although the Italians may bide their time until next summer when he becomes a free agent.
Asked if there could be departures before September 2, United gaffer Ole Gunnar Solskjaer replied: “There might be, yes. The thing is it’s not about who we don’t want here, it’s about who we want here, and you’re going to see that in the team selections and who’s going to be with us in the long run.”
Butland to go abroad?
According to the Daily Mail, England goalkeeper Jack Butland is ready to head overseas in an attempt to keep himself in contention for next summer’s Euro championships. The paper says the Stoke gloveman had hoped to move to Bournemouth last month but his £30m price tag proved a deterrent for the Cherries. Aware that playing in the Championship is doing his career little good, Butland apparently hopes to seal a season-long loan move abroad before the September 2 deadline.
Neymar’s made mistakes
Paris Saint Germain sporting director Leonardo has accused Neymar of making “mistakes” in his attempt to force a move away from the French capital. In conversation with French broadcaster  RMC Sport, Leonardo said the Brazilian had erred in his alleged dealings with Real Madrid and Barcelona, but nonetheless insisted he remains part of the club’s plans, saying: “He’s a Paris Saint-Germain player, he’s still in Paris for three years, so do not forget. We must analyse everything, we must fix everything before he can play again.”
Zidane Rodriguez U-turn
Real Madrid have had a change of heart over James Rodriguez, which could mean their pursuit of Paul Pogba is over. It was thought Zidane wanted to e rid of Colombian Rodriguez and use the money to move for Pogba. But after a difficult pre-season, Zidane may now use the attacking midfielder to restructure his side ahead of the La Liga opener at Celta Vigo on Saturday. (MailOnline)
Harry Maguire snubbed a deal of £278,000-a-week from Manchester City in favour of joining bitter rivals United instead. The England defender turned his back on the Premier League champions in favour of penning a long-term contract with United that is almost £100,000-a-week less than what he could have earned with Pep Guardiola's men because he had his heart set on United, who he supported while growing up in Sheffield. (Daily Star)
Ozil to America?
MLS side DC United have reportedly held talks with Mesut Ozil's agent over a move to the US. United are looking to replace Wayne Rooney who moves back to England at the end of the year, while Ozil, 30, has been unwittingly caught up in a London gangland dispute. (The Sun)