This is the shocking damage caused by a laptop that burst into flames as it was charging.

Images of the scene show a destroyed sofa and charred laptop after the blaze which caused extensive smoke damage.

Now firefighters have issued a warning to never leave electrical equipment unattended.

Firefighters have now issued a warning

The blaze broke out at Llanfawr Close, Holyhead , Anglesey, just after 8.15pm on Wednesday.

Three crews - two from Bangor and one from Caernarfon - were called to tackle the fire. North Wales Live reported that it was lucky nobody was hurt.

 

The fire was confined to the living room but there was 75% smoke damage to the rest of the property.

A North Wales Fire and Rescue Service spokeswoman said: "Never leave laptops charging and unattended.

What was left of the sofa

"Three of our crews were called to a fire on Llanfawr Close, Holyhead yesterday evening (Wednesday 19th June) at 8.18pm.

"Thankfully no one was hurt but the incident serves as a stark warning to never leave laptops charging unattended.

"Electrical items such as laptops and mobile phones when placed on charge can get warm, as we believe happened on this occasion, so it’s really important to keep them away from combustible materials.