The Sponsorship Manager is responsible for direction, management and oversight of all aspects of Sponsorship, ensuring that Member policies and procedures are followed in terms of Sponsorship operations, communications, programming and budgeting. The incumbent sits on the Expanded Senior Management Team (ESMT) making contributions and recommendations in support of an effective country program management.
This position is responsible for managing an integrated child friendly community development programs in accordance with the Common Approach to Sponsorship Programs (CASP.) CASP is comprised of early childhood care and development (ECCD), basic education (BE), school health and nutrition (SHN) and adolescent development (AD). In addition to strategic leadership, this position will also manage budget, staff and partners.
Strategic Direction, Program Implementation
- Provides strategic and operational leadership to program management
- Develops a vision for and ensure a clear understanding amongst all staff and partners of the key programs objectives/desired results for the 8-10 year presence in the Sponsorship impact area
- Works closely with globally based Sponsorship Technical Working Group (STWG) technical advisors (TA) on finalizing indicators & results reporting; ensure that project activities & partners align to achieve these results
- Supports and strengthens capacity, as needed, of partner NGOs and OCBs in implementing community-based programs
- Ensures that efficient systems to support all aspects of the program (including sub-grant management, financial, and performance monitoring and reporting) are in place and support the effective use of program resources in compliance with Save the Children policies
- Sets program operational objectives and plans including budgets in coordination with all components to ensure achievement of overall Country Office Sponsorship program objectives
- Seeks opportunities to further program development, integration/collaboration with other, non-sponsorship programs as appropriate, and expansion to achieve scale
- Ensure the management of the flow of communications between sponsors, Members and Country Office ensuring Sponsorship's vision and work are clearly and coherently articulated
- Lead short and long term strategic definition of Sponsorship-funded programming through
Sponsorship Annual Plans (SAP), Impact Area Presence Plan (IAPP) and Three-year Plan (3YP)
Manage the timely delivery of Sponsorship Annual (SAP), Impact Area Presence Plan (IAPP) and Three-year Plan (3YP). Ensure that there is a lead of the programmatic writing of these documents and that deadlines are met.
Technical Assistance and Capacity Strengthening
- Ensures appropriate training/capacity strengthening for staff members, partner agencies and others in support of high-quality programs
- Provides other technical support particularly in the areas of program development, research, monitoring and evaluation and/or ensure that adequate support is being provided
- Oversees the identification and selection of appropriate short and long-term technical assistance to support program quality (e.g. drawing on technical assistance within the CO and from the STWG)
Human Resources Management
- Continuously assesses staffing patterns and ensures that right staffs are in the right place on time
- Builds and nurtures effective teamwork in the Impact Area (IA) and ensure a cohesive workplace environment for optimum staff retention
- Supervises team and provide necessary guidance to ensure that program targets are met
- Creates opportunity for staff development in coordination with Human Resources, technical teams and SMT
- Conducts annual staff performance appraisal and ensure that all IA based staff appraisal are done on time
Reporting and Documentation
Monitoring, Evaluation and Research
- Ensures that the project monitoring system is in place; organize internal and external evaluations
- Ensures that the research and learning agenda is strategically built into the programs and well managed
- Identifies consultants, both national and international for the purpose
- Monitors expenditure of the project in relation to program activities and budget
- Participate sin all budget planning related to Sponsorship and monitor Sponsorship program spending
Representation and Networking
- Works closely with Save the Children- Senior management, Global Sponsorship, representatives of the Government and local and international partners
- Ensures strong communication and coordination with other Save the Children Sponsorship, including the STWG TA's, and with other initiatives in Haiti in order to maximize the use of resources to achieve multi-sector program integration and avoid redundancy
- Ensures identification of advocacy issues relevant to sponsorship-funded programs, development of advocacy and influencing plan (ensuring collaboration with CO-level advocacy efforts), and its proper implementation with government as well as with other stakeholders
Information Management, System Capabilities and Records Maintenance:
- Ensure the management of personal data on children and sponsors in accordance with organizational privacy policies
- Ensure that Sponsorship statistics are maintained and updated timely and properly
- Ensure that a proper tracking and monitoring system for child benefits is in place and is maintained properly
- Ensure that manual files are kept accurate, up-to-date, and secure Budget Management:
- Serve as main budget holder for both Sponsorship programs and operations, support budget holders on individual Sponsorship-funded program budget management
In order to be successful you will bring/have:
- Master's degree preferred in management, education, English or community development. The Equivalent or Bachelor's degree with relevant experience in management, education or community development is acceptable.
- Fluency in English and french, both written and verbal.
- Proven writing and numerical skills and experience in basic financial information systems (e.g. Excel), budget monitoring, and writing and editing of reports and documents.
- Proven staff management and supervisory skills
- Excellent analytical skills - the ability to analyse complex financial data and design and produce effective management information
- Excellent interpersonal and verbal / written communication skills in order to deal tactfully and sensitively with a wide range of people.
- Previous experience of working in program management in the humanitarian/development sector
- Must be team focused in a non-discriminatory and gender sensitive environment.
- Willingness and ability to travel regionally and nationally as needed.
- Commitment to Save the Children values.
- A second language preferably in local language
- Knowledge of Save the Children's key sectors
- Strong presentation skills.
- Knowledge of international humanitarian/development systems, institutions and donors.
- Understanding of major donor compliance regulations Understanding of major donor compliance regulations
We offer a competitive package in the context of the sector.
We employ approximately 25,000 people across the globe and work on the ground in over 100 countries to help children affected by crises, or those that need better healthcare, education and child protection. We also campaign and advocate at the highest levels to realise the right of children and to ensure their voices are heard.
We are working towards three breakthroughs in how the world treats children by 2030:
- No child dies from preventable causes before their 5th birthday
- All children learn from a quality basic education and that,
- Violence against children is no longer tolerated
We know that great people make a great organization, and that our employees play a crucial role in helping us achieve our ambitions for children. We value our people and offer a meaningful and rewarding career, along with a collaborative and inclusive environment where ambition, creativity, and integrity are highly valued.
Please attach a copy of your CV and cover letter with your application, and include details of your current remuneration and salary expectations. A copy of the full role profile can be found at www.savethechildren.net/careers/apply
We need to keep children safe so our selection process, which includes rigorous background checks, reflects our commitment to the protection of children from abuse.
All employees are expected to carry out their duties in accordance with our global anti-harassment policy.
Save the Children does not charge a fee at any stage of the recruitment process.
How to apply
Please follow this link to apply: https://www.aplitrak.com/?adid=YS50YW1iYS4zMTg0NC4xMjE4NUBzYXZldGhlY2hpbGRyZW5hby5hcGxpdHJhay5jb20