This article was added by the user . TheWorldNews is not responsible for the content of the platform.

Security officer chopped to death

Detectives attached to the Lucea Police Station in Hanover have confirmed that the daughter of murdered security officer, Shauna Rhule, has been located and is safe with relatives.

Minutes after Rhule's body was discovered with multiple chop wounds outside her home along a section of Charlotte Drive in Lucea, called Lover's Leap, a search was launched to find the two-year-old. But investigations revealed that Rhule had left the child in relatives' care due to her irregular work hours.

Rhule, 23, was employed at NETS Security Company at Ocean Point Housing Scheme in Lucea. Reports are that shortly after 12:20 a.m. on Wednesday, residents came upon Rhule's body and summoned the police. The lawmen discovered that she had multiple chop wounds all over her body. The scene was processed and her body removed to the morgue for post-mortem. Investigators said that based on evidence gathered at the scene, it would appear that Rhule was attacked inside her house, then chased outside, where her attackers chopped her to death. Following her death, several residents expressed shock at how she died.

"This a something that wi see every day a happen inna Jamaica, and the police them need fi dig deep until them find out why dem just come murder the little girl like this," a woman told THE STAR. The news team also learned that Rhule was an orphan for most of her life, and was raised by her grandmother and her then spouse, Lebert Fray. He said that he was married to Rhule's grandmother for a number of years, and during that period, he played the vital role of father to her and one of her cousins.

"I love that little girl so much and I did married to her granny. Them is really from Kingston and is me bring the family down here, and I tek care of that girl and her cousin from them a baby because them mother and father dead from them very small," he stated.

"Mi send she and har cousin go a Merlene Ottey High School, but when mi wife dead, who is them grandmother, them move out a the house and leave, and I don't hear back from them again. I can't go deh look fi them because I don't have no foot," he said, pointing out that he lost both legs to poor blood circulation.