President Bola Tinubu on Wednesday appointed Munirudeen Oyebamiji as the Managing Director/Chief Executive Officer, National Inland Waterways Authority.
Alongside his appointment, Tinubu also appointed Mr. Akutah Ukeyima as the Executive Secretary/CEO of the Nigerian Shippers’ Council.
Their appointments were in line with the recommendations of the Minister of Marine and Blue Economy, Adegboyega Oyetola.
In this piece, PUNCH Online highlights 13 things to know about Munirudeen Oyebamiji:
1. Oyebamiji was born on the November 17, 1965.
2. He is a native of Ikire in Irewole Local Government Area, Osun State.
3. Oyebamiji had his early education at A.D.C Primary School, Oke-Ada, Ikire, Osun State, between 1971 to 1977.
4. Between 1978 to 1982, the new NIWA CEO obtained his Senior Secondary Certificate at Ayedaade Grammar School, Ikire, Osun State.
5. After his secondary school education, Oyebamiji obtained both the Ordinary National Diploma and Higher National Diploma in Banking and Finance from The Polytechnic, Ibadan, Oyo State., between 1985 and 1988, respectively.
6. After completing his tertiary education, Oyebamiji pursued a Master’s degree in Public Administration at the Lagos State University from where he graduated in 1997.
7. In 2004, he bagged another Master’s degree in Business Administration from the University of Ado-Ekiti, Ekiti State.
8. He has over 28 years. of working experience in the Banking and Finance industry, having worked at Wema Bank Plc, Trans International Bank Plc, Spring Bank Plc and Enterprise Bank Ltd.
9. Oyebamiji is a fellow of the Chartered Institute of Economists of Nigeria, an Associate of the Nigeria Institute of Management, a Chartered Banker and a member of the Nigeria Economic Summit Group.
10. He was the Managing Director, Osun State Investment Company Limited, Osun- State, from 2012 to 2017, under the administration of former state governor, Rauf Aregbesola,
11. Oyebamiji served as Commissioner for Finance, Osun State, for eight years.
12. He was conferred with the chieftaincy title of the Asiwaju of Ikire land.
13. The former banker is married and blessed with children.