My 4-year -old son mistakenly swallowed one of his plastic toys. I asked him to drink lots of water in order to push it out unfortunately, up till now, we have not seen him pass out the toy. Kindly advise on what to do. I am very worried.
Olu (by SMS)
It is not unusual for children to swallow toys, buttons, balloons among other items. All these items and more are usually swallowed out of curiosity by these children. A swallowed object that blocks the airway or the throat is a true medical emergency which will need the attention of a doctor. However, most swallowed objects like the one your son swallowed usually pass through the body and out in a bowel movement without any medical intervention. You therefore have nothing to worry about.
YOU SHOULD NOT MISS THESE HEADLINES FROM NIGERIAN TRIBUNE
#EndSARS: As British Parliament Hears Petition, UK Govt Says It Won’t Speculate On Sanctions
The British Parliament at the Westminster Hall held a debate on ‘e-petition 554150, relating to Nigeria and the sanctions regime’ on Monday. The government of the United Kingdom has however responded…
2023 Presidency: APC Govs’ Meeting With Jonathan Sparks Controversy
The surprise visit made on Friday night by the leaders of the ruling All Progressives Congress (APC) to former President Goodluck Jonathan at his residence in Abuja triggered a stir in the major political camps, resulting in at least four possible theories…
After Two Years, Daddy Freeze Apologises To Bishop Oyedepo
Daddy Freeze whose real name is Ifedayo Olarinde has apologised to Bishop Oyedepo who is the presiding bishop and founder of Living Faith Church aka Winners Chapel…