Nigeria

Nigerian Gov’t To Withdraw Permit Of Transport Companies Flouting Safety Protocols

The Federal Government says it will withdraw operational permit of transporters who flout safety protocols.

Gbemisola Saraki, the minister of state for transportation, announced this in a statement signed by Eric Ojiekwe, the director of press and public relations in the Ministry on Wednesday, July 1, 2020, in Abuja.

Saraki was quoted as giving the warning when she chaired a virtual meeting with the Forum of Nigerian Transport Commissioners.

She said that it had been resolved that the implementation guidelines prepared by the ministry would be adopted to minimise the transmission of COVID-19.

The minister pointed out that interstate transport operators should apply and could only operate on confirmation of satisfaction of the defined guidelines by the state ministry of transportation.

She said the ministry at federal and state levels would regularly monitor the implementation and compliance to the guidelines.

The ministry would also monitor the impact of the measure on safety and minimizing the transmission of COVID-19 through the mass transit sector, she added.

According to the minister, the overall objective is to protect passengers, operators, and workers as well as preventing the spread of COVID-19.

“The guideline has been fine-tuned with that of the National Centre for Disease Control, NCDC.

The guideline also required the registration of all private travel operators, parks and terminals operators.

“This is to ensure restricted access, social distancing, disinfection, and sanitization as well as have designated areas to isolate passengers with a suspected case of COVID-19 infection.

“Similarly, all passengers must be subjected to temperature checks and ‘no mask no entry’ policy must be adopted.

“Staff must be sent for COVID-19 training and must adorn Personal Protective Equipment, PPE, while on duty.

“Bus operators must observe all the safety protocols and limit their capacity to 50 percent while windows must be open for short trips and the face masks should be worn throughout the journey,’’ she said.

Source: The Guardian

Football news:

The authors of Showsport choose the winner of the Champions League: Chernyavsky - for Leipzig, Muiznek believes in real 🤪
Trent, rashford, martial and Greenwood are up for the award for the best young player of the season
Ronaldo started the 2016-17 season poorly – and then scored 10 goals in the Champions League play-offs and produced the best performance in the history of the tournament
Henderson, de Bruyne, Pope and Ings is among the contenders for the award for the best player of the Premier League season
The Bundesliga plans to start the season on September 18 with a match between Bayern – Schalke or two Borussia
Barcelona announced 7 reserve team players for the match with Napoli. Dembele, Vidal and Busquets will not play
In the 80's, Lyon played in Ligue 2 and was not needed by anyone. Olas has built an economic Empire and created his own version of money ball