Philippines

ICU beds for COVID-19 patients at St. Luke’s 2 hospitals reach full capacity

Photo of St. Luke’s Medical Center in Quezon City and in Bonifacio Global City. Screengrabbed from the St. Luke’s website

MANILA, Philippines — Both St. Luke’s Medical Center in Quezon City and Bonifacio Global City in Taguig have already reached full capacity in terms of allocated intensive care unit beds intended for COVID-19 patients.

The hospital’s management on Monday asked the public to bring critically ill suspected COVID-19 patients elsewhere to be treated.

“We wish to inform the· public that St. Luke’s Medical Center in Quezon City (SLMC-QC) and Global City (SLMC-GC) have reached full capacity of allocated COVID-19 intensive care unit (ICU) beds as of today, July 13,” the hospital said in a Facebook post.

“In this regard, we request the public to consider bringing  critically ill COVID-19 suspects to alternative hospitals so they will receive immediate and utmost care,” it added.

The hospital will announce once they reopen admissions for COVID-19 patients needing intensive care.

It can still accommodate admissions and treatment of non-COVID-19 cases, including outpatient procedures.

“We appeal to the public to avoid complacency and strictly adhere to health protocols and preventive measures against COVID-19,” the hospital management said.

Hospitals nationwide are required to allocate 30% of their facilities for COVID-19 patients, the Department of Health earlier said.

However, the health department admitted that some hospitals are not able to make this allocation.

So far, there are 56,259 confirmed COVID-19 cases in the country, with 1,534 deaths and 16,046 recoveries.

JPV

For more news about the novel coronavirus click here.
What you need to know about Coronavirus.
For more information on COVID-19, call the DOH Hotline: (02) 86517800 local 1149/1150.

The Inquirer Foundation supports our healthcare frontliners and is still accepting cash donations to be deposited at Banco de Oro (BDO) current account #007960018860 or donate through PayMaya using this link .

Read Next

EDITORS' PICK

MOST READ

Subscribe to INQUIRER PLUS to get access to The Philippine Daily Inquirer & other 70+ titles, share up to 5 gadgets, listen to the news, download as early as 4am & share articles on social media. Call 896 6000.

For feedback, complaints, or inquiries, contact us.

Football news:

The first American of Leipzig has never scored in Europe – and yesterday he sentenced Atletico. Nagelsmann sees him as a leader
Former Barca President Gaspar: I Doubt that anyone will remember the names of the current Bayern players in the future
Rafinha can move from Flamengo to Olympiacos
Jan Oblak: I wanted to fight Real Madrid and Barca until the end of the season. We failed to do so
Kapustka moved to Legia. The midfielder played 3 games for Leicester in 4 years and went on loan
Iker Casillas: Leaving Real Madrid was painful, but this is my home. Perez said: You should be here
Upamecano about PSG: This is the biggest club in France. We will give our all and try to win