PSG’s Argentina superstar Lionel Messi won this year’s Ballon d’Or trophy at a glittering ceremony in Paris on Monday.
READ | EXCLUSIVE: DUMISANI ZUMA IS ON HIS WAY OUT AT KAIZER CHIEFS
The win was a record-extending seventh victory for Lionel Messi.
Messi, now 34, won the last edition of the Ballon d’Or in 2019 before last year’s awards were cancelled due to the pandemic.
He won the Copa del Rey with Barcelona and then captained Argentina to Copa America glory before moving to Paris Saint-Germain in August.
In other awards, Alexia Putellas of Barcelona and Spain won the women’s Ballon d’Or.
Spain starlet Pedri won the Kopa Trophy for the best player aged under 21, while Italy’s Gianluigi Donnarumma was named the best goalkeeper.
Chelsea were named club of the year.
READ | CLUB WORLD CUP DRAW: WHO PLAYS WHO IN UAE IN FEBRUARY 2022
TOP 30 IN THE BALLON D’OR AWARDS:
1. Lionel Messi (PSG)
2. Robert Lewandowski (Bayern Munich)
3. Jorginho (Chelsea)
4. Karim Benzema (Real Madrid)
5. Ngolo Kante (Chelsea)
6. Cristiano Ronaldo (Manchester United)
7. Mohamed Salah (Liverpool)
8. Kevin De Bruyne (Manchester City)
9. Kylian Mbappe (PSG)
10. Gianluigi Donnarumma (PSG)
11. Erling Haaland (Borussia Dortmund)
12. Romelu Lukaku (Chelsea)
13. Giorgio Chiellini (Juventus)
14. Leonardo Bonucci (Juventus)
15. Raheem Sterling (Manchester City)
16. Neymar (PSG)
17. Luis Suarez (Atletico Madrid)
18. Simon Kjaer (AC Milan)
19. Mason Mount (Chelsea)
20. Riyad Mahrez (Manchester City)
T21. Bruno Fernandes (Manchester United)
T21. Lautaro Martinez (Inter Milan)
23. Harry Kane (Tottenham)
24. Pedri (Barcelona)
25. Phil Foden (Manchester City)
T26. Gerard Moreno (Villarreal)
T26. Ruden Dias (Manchester City)
T26. Nicolo Barella (Inter Milan)
T29. Luka Modric (Real Madrid)
T29. Cesar Azpilicueta (Chelsea)
READ | AL AHLY ATTACKER PERCY TAU HONOURED BY EGYPTIAN PREMIER LEAGUE!