This article was added by the user . TheWorldNews is not responsible for the content of the platform.

Japanese jockey dies after being seriously injured in horse racing: report

A 28-year-old horse race jockey died Tuesday after being trampled during a race a week ago, according to reports.

According to the racing website, Taiki Yanagida died in Cambridge on August 3 after he was placed on life support after competing in a race for his jockey club, in a hospital in New Zealand. Died.

"We extend our deepest condolences to Taiki's family: his mother Kayano, his sisters Chiaki and Ayano, and his grandmother. We We share their grief over the loss of such a talented, friendly and popular young man," New Zealand Thoroughbred Racing CEO Bruce Sherlock said in a statement.

“Taiki was recently able to spend a month back home with his family after a long period of being unable to go home due to Covid. I hope that the family can take comfort from the memories that were devastated.”

You have to feel and be aware of how you're handling it," Sharrock continued. "We are also particularly conscious of Taiki's fellow jockeys and will ensure that support is provided for them."

According to the NZ Herald, Yanagida lost his helmet in the last race of the day when he jumped off his horse and was partially rolled over by an animal before another horse galloped over him.

I would like to extend my deepest condolences to his family and friends after Taiki Yanagida passed away yesterday evening. It is incredibly sad to lose someone as young as Taiki, who was deeply respected and well-liked by everyone who knew and worked with him.

— Kieran McAnulty MP (@Kieran_McAnulty) August 9, 2022

He suffered brain and spinal cord injuries and would not have been able to walk again had he lived, the outlet reported. He moved to Australia and then New Zealand to pursue, the NZ Herald reported.   

Months before his death, the NZ Herald reported that Yanagida's mother had always feared for his well-being and was originally against him competing.

"Now my mother is happy for me. She knows I'm doing what I always wanted to do, but she still worries about me." I always go to the temple to pray for my good luck and safety," he said. He told Raceform two months ago.

His mother was with him when he died Tuesday, the newspaper reported.