Malaysia

Kedah police cripple 'Ah Hau' gang with four arrests, including leader

ALOR SETAR (Bernama): The "Ah Hau" gang - active in carrying out housebreakings in several states - has been crippled following the arrest four men including the group leader, around Sungai Petani and Kuala Lumpur, recently.

Kedah police chief Comm Datuk Zainuddin Yaacob said the arrest of all the suspects aged 32 to 44, is believed to have solved several burglary cases in Kedah, Kuala Lumpur, Pahang, Perak and Penang.

"On July 22, there were four burglary cases in the Kulim district involving losses amounting to RM250,000. Acting on some information received, a CID team from the Kulim police headquarters arrested a suspect at a house in Tikam Batu, Sungai Petani on July 30.

"Further investigations led to the arrest of three more suspects including the group leader in his 40s in Kuala Lumpur on Sunday (Aug 2)," he said during a press conference at the Kedah police headquarters here on Tuesday (Aug 4).

He said several tools used for burglary and stolen items were seized, in addition to a Mazda CX-5 and Honda HRV, mobile phones, walkie talkies, computers, electrical appliances, watches, cameras, house keys and some cash.

Comm Zainuddin said the group, which has been active since the end of 2019, usually travelled in a group of three in a rented luxury car booked online.

"They will rent a car and target unoccupied houses or those situated in quiet areas before carrying out the burglary in the early hours of the day. We will continue our efforts to track down the remaining members of the group,” he said, adding that all the suspects had past criminal records and had been placed under remand for six days since Monday (Aug 3).

In another development, Comm Zainuddin said eight roadblocks had been implemented so far following the administrative enhanced movement control order (MCO) in several areas around the districts of Kubang Pasu and Padang Terap following the rise in the number of positive Covid-19 cases there.

"The purpose of the roadblock is to ensure that no one enters and leaves the area. We hope the community in the area can follow the instructions until this case is settled, and the barbed wire fencing is not required yet at the moment,” he said.

The four areas involved with the administrative enhanced MCO are the Nasi Kandar Salleh restaurant in Napoh town, as well as Kampung Pida Satu in Megat Dewa, Kampung Bendang Dalam Mukim Binjal in Kubang Pasu and Kampung Ulu Sanai in Padang Terap which are all within a one-kilometre radius of the restaurant.- Bernama

Football news:

Zidane about 3:2 with Betis: real can get better and will. A difficult game, but we believed in winning until the end
Dest said goodbye to the Ajax players and will fly to Barcelona today (Gerard Romero)
Vidal made his debut for Inter in the match against Fiorentina
Barcelona will only consider Zinchenko if Firpo leaves
The referee after VAR for a foul on Jovic removed defender Betis Emerson
Lampard replaced Kepu, but got 0-3 from West Brom in the first half. Then Chelsea got together and gave a comeback of the weekend: only the pupils scored
Arsenal are ready to offer 40+10 million euros to Lyon for Aouar